Friday, June 23, 2017

Israel-God's Heart: Landscapes and Legacy of Israel


Description:

Soar across the skies of beautiful Israel and visit contemporary and historic sites beckoning visitors to stay and explore.

The beauty of Israel from above is captured by top aerial photographer Ron Gafni. As you sweep over ancient ruins, fly high in hot air balloons, and view vignette's of Israel's modern lifestyles, Holy scripture will also come alive. Author Kathleen Barrett offers reflective narrative with scripture pointing to God's redemption plan for the world.

My Thoughts:

The older I get, the more I want to travel. While we're working, slowly, on getting more travel into our lives, a trip to Israel probably isn't happening anytime soon. (A recent 2 day trip to Memphis, TN was a pretty exciting adventure for us, so....) Looking at all the beautiful pictures within this book helped with my urge to travel, though. (Well, it helped me be more motivated than ever to save more for traveling, anyway.) Plus, it's always great to get better visuals flowing through my mind with Bible reading.

Though it is on the smaller side, as far as "coffee table" type books go, it has a tremendous amount of photos packed within the pages. The unique part about this book is the fact that almost all of the pictures are from above, giving us a "bird's eye view" of various parts of Israel.

On a more personal level, this book made me think of a precious lady I miss. Every time I hear about travels to Israel, I think of one of the sweetest, most worthy of being a role model women that ever lived. She's already with Jesus, but just looking through this book made me think of her and her trip to the Bible lands, and it's always a good thing to think about her.

Alongside the photos, there's also Bible verses and narratives. I don't agree with every thing that was said(thoughts on baptism, for example), but that's nothing new, huh? ;) I still feel the need to mention it most the time, though.

I've greatly enjoyed looking through this book, and seeing all the lovely photos. It's a beautiful little book!

If you'd like to take a peek inside the book, here ya go.....



**I was given a copy of this book.

4 comments:

  1. Firsts, that book sounds intriguing.

    Also, how funny you should mention travel. We are slowly trying to plan trips with the girls, and our first adventure was to Memphis, TN, too!! How funny. We made it a day trip, which was fun, but it was also a good gauge to see how the girls would do in the car for so long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! We might end up crossing paths on our adventures. ;) How did y'all like Memphis? (We fell in love with the zoo there, and ended up doing a membership for this year, with hopes to go back a couple more times. Do you have any "must see" places to recommend? We also did The Pink Palace and the Bass Pro Shop.)

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the traveling! Local, or stateside trips are all we get in anymore! But, this book definitely helped me travel and I'm glad I got to review it. I loved your review and your site and am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks for sharing!!
    I enjoyed looking inside the book!

    ReplyDelete