Monday, October 1, 2012

Rock Solid Faith Study Bible for Teens(NIV)


My Thoughts:

I think the Rock Solid Faith Study Bible for Teens is a great Bible for teens, although I do think the cover looks a little more boyish than for girls(generally speaking). Inside, I do think could appeal to both, though.

It's a hardcover, but it does lay flat, which is hugely important for me in a Bible. I want it to lay flat on the table or in my lap. Hardcover Bibles don't always do that.

Like most specialty Bibles, the actual verses are the Bible(in this case New International Version), but there are sections throughout that give thoughts or devotionals that would I imagine would appeal to a teen. (It's been a few years since I was a teenager. ;P)

I really like the color maps at the back of the Bible. There are 8 of them. There's also lots of indexes that aren't in most Bibles. For example, there's a "Rock Solid PLANS index" and "Unshaken PEOPLE Index", etc. There's a reading checklist of all the books of the Bible. There's only 1 box by each book and chapter, though, so I'd prefer to have a separate checklist that wasn't in my Bible. I imagine this would appeal to many, though.

This Bible is going to my oldest nephew(13) and I do think he will enjoy it!

*I was provided a review copy through B&B Media in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment