Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What's on My Nightstand for July

What's On Your Nightstand

What's on Your Nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books every 4th Tuesday of the month.

This month, I have plans to read/finish:




Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul by Jennie Allen

I'm about halfway through this one. Mixed feelings so far.




The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne Valente

This is my pick for The Bookclub for August.




The Story Shell: A Tale of Friendship Bog and Pibbin the Small by Gloria Repp

These are SO cute!




My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade


As you can see, I've got a light reading month ahead of me compared to normal. I'm excited to do some catching up. :)


9 comments:

  1. The prayer book looks cool (both the cover and the idea)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of it is a little scary to think about completely! It's been interesting, though.

      Delete
  2. I have The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland . . . sitting on my shelf! I seriously am having to hold myself back at this point. It looks so fun! How are you liking it?! I'm so looking forward to that read.

    The Story Shell cover - GASP! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read much in it yet, so I can't say for sure. It is fun so far, though! :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read to Girl Who Circumvented Fairy Land-maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read your review on the prayer book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland! And that other one --The Story Shell--looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just popped over to the Amazon page on The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland and discovered that the protagonist is from Omaha, Nebraska. Which means that if I hadn't already been planning to read it based on the title alone, I'd have to read it anyway. There are so few books featuring Nebraska!

    In truth, your entire nightstand looks interesting this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Light reads are good too. They give us some space from the heavier books we read. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete