Friday, June 15, 2012

Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder and Dr. Richard Couey




*I just got this book last week, so I haven't read the whole thing. My post is due today, though, so my thoughts about it are from some reading and a good bit of browsing. More than anything I'm pretty much just putting it on your radar.

Treasures of Healthy Living is set up as a 12 week study with a lesson for 5 days a week. Friday is called "Fabulous Foodie Friday", which looks to be pretty much experimenting with food. For example, one Friday is a challenge to gather friends and come up with as many ways to "liven up" water as you can using vegetables, herbs, extracts, or teas.

There's lots of Bible lessons throughout that are centered on food. There's also tons of journaling or fill in the blanks. I've mentioned before that I'm typically not a journaling type of person. Unfortunately, this book is no exception on that. That's not negative in any way. Some of us are journaling people, some aren't.

It's theme is "treasure", so it's very "pirate-y"(to me anyway). Just from my browsing, it looks like Treasures of Healthy Living is (at times) like a food science book, which I think is really cool. That said, it does look like a great deal to take in at one time. It might need to be a bit more than a 12 week study depending on what you're wanting to get out of it. I'm very much looking forward to reading more in it, because I am trying really hard to eat healthier, and knowing more about food in general helps with that goal.

If you're wanting to learn more about foods and eat healthier while also learning more about the Bible, I definitely recommend giving Treasures of Healthy Living a chance(from what I've seen of it so far).

**I was provided a review copy through Glass Roads Publication in exchange for my honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like the kind of book that would make a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that! It DOES look like a perfect gift, though.

      Delete