Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #10


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.

I was going to be lazy today and not do a post, BUT.....

1. I JUST discovered that Jonathan stuffed our diapers!
We try to use cloth diapers when we're around the house. (Motivation for that comes and goes). We use the stuff-able kind, so about every 3 days, we have to wash and re-stuff. When we got home from the "preschool outing", I went to grab diapers, and discovered I don't have to stuff today. THAT deserves some praise! Thank you, Jonathan! :)

2. Catching up.
I am so incredibly grateful for my review books, but I was feeling especially smothered by them this week. I did an INCREDIBLE amount of reading this past week in order to catch up! I did resort to skimming for one of them(It was due for a review and the time and motivation just ran out), but I feel SO free. The time to be able to read them was an immense blessing!

3. Review books!
I now feel the need to express how GRATEFUL I am to both authors and publishers for allowing me to review their books! It is a wonderful blessing to be able to read the books I want to for free. I wouldn't be able to read many of them otherwise. I do need to make more careful requesting decisions, though, which I've tried to be lately.

4. 1 year shots are over.
Firefly did surprisingly well! He didn't cry until the third one, and not for long. I'm glad they're over for a few months, though.

5. Coupons.
In particular, for this week's favorite, Hobby Lobby 40% off coupons! Those are awesome things.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm jealous! I hope to be caught up with my reviews soon. I've had to say no to any book not already on my to-read list. We're the same way with cloth diapers. We use disposables at night and when we're away from the house for too long. Have a great weekend!

    Kathryn
    Clean Teen Fiction
    Clean Adult Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same lately. I accept a review book ONLY if it's already on my reading list. I have had a couple of regrets on books I've passed on, but I'll survive, I guess. ;)
      We used to use cloth diapers even when we were out of the house until the diapers leaked on a teacher's dress. Only disposables for outing now. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for the end of shots! I can't wait for that. Even though we have been blessed with Baby Whimsy not having any side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firefly has to go back at 15 months(I can't remember if there's shots at that point), but he's did really well so far with no side effects, too. I pray that continues! :)

      Delete
  3. I also feel free when I am on time in my reviewing schedule, especially when the books you read are so good that you read them faster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up (again.) I didn't get as far as I hoped in my catching up yesterday!

    OH do I hear you on review copies. It's a blessing and a huge responsibility. I'm trying to plow through my review copies so that the load will be lighter after May and I can read more from my own bookshelves. I totally hear everything that you are saying!!! (Stacks! Gaa!)

    ReplyDelete