Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #6


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.

1. Firefly slept through the night!
**singing a note of praise**
He slept more than through the night. He slept 9(!) hours. You better believe I slept that 9 hours, too. :)

2. SPRING BREAK!
Grasshopper only goes to preschool 3 days a week, 2 1/2 hours a day. (That's when the boys aren't sick, or we weren't up all through the night. In actuality, we average making it 2 days a week, on a good one). Between everything that it takes(before, during, and after), it's amazing how much time that takes out of the day, and how much guilt that causes me when we weren't able to make it. It's been a relaxing week. Even when I didn't get the most sleep, I didn't have to rush around. It's been GREAT!


3. Getting yard work done.
We have a lot we need to do in our yard. Although we still have a long way to go, it's coming along at a much faster rate than it has in awhile. That makes me happy!

4. This BEAUTIFUL weather!
It has definitely helped motivate us with the yard work.

5. Grasshopper's imagination!
It has just went through the ROOF lately(for him!). I'd love to take credit for it, but I can't. One of his latest favorites is to grab a clump of dried grass(where there's an end sticking out of each side of his hand), and say, "Moo, it's a cow". The first time he did it, he showed me the other empty hand balled up, and told me it was a horse. He walked his "animals" around the yard for awhile. He stayed SO far behind for SO long that when we see these little improvements, it makes our day. He has did a great deal of imaginative play lately, and brought great humor to our lives. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sleep.
    A goodnight's rest is a mother's best friend.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The FFF theme for us with little ones is sleep!

    I totally hear you about school being tough...and a time eater. And ours is just 5 minutes away.

    Yay for imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when little guys use their imaginations. So fun listening to them.

    Yay for sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your Spring break was relaxing.

    And how encouraging to get in so much yard work. You all will definitely reap the benefits of your work soon. I do miss gardening (my apartment patio is to shady).

    Reading about grasshopper's imagination made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! AAAAH!!! SWEET relief! Congratulations. ;)

    Can you tell I'm catching up on blog posts today!? I had yours all saved away in my Google Reader waiting for a quiet moment. The moment in our house isn't exactly QUIET but I have time to sit and catch up!

    Hurray for good weather! Hope you have more of it!

    ReplyDelete