Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's on My Nightstand

What's On Your Nightstand

What's on Your Nightstand? is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books every 4th Tuesday of the month.

I've ended up with a big stack of review books for this month! As much as I try to control myself accepting reviews, sometimes I forget just how many I've taken on. Then they all come in at once. :P I am excited about each and every one of them, though.

So far, for the month of February, I've read:

(and reviewed)

Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliot

A Darkly Hidden Truth by Donna Fletcher Crow

The Art of Falling in Love by Joe Beam

Winterling by Sarah Prineas

The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell

Eye of the Sword by Karyn Henley

Shakespeare's Lady by Alexa Schnee



Read(haven't reviewed yet):


Lit!: A Christian Guide to Reading Books by Tony Reinke
-I'm almost done with this review. Hopefully, I'll post it tomorrow!





Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
-So, apparently I'm not a Peter Pan fan. I tried to read Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens, too, but I realized there's no sense torturing myself. No offense to anyone who does like Peter Pan! ;) He just wasn't for me.




Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl



I need to finish reading:






Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
-I've been slowly reading on this one. It's ok. :P I do want to finish it, though.




A Love That Multiplies: An Up-Close View of How They Make it Work by The Duggars
-I'm really enjoying reading this one!




The Beautiful Wife: Focused on Christ, Fulfilled in Marriage by Sandy Ralya
-I'm using this one as my Bible study book at the moment.




The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen
-I just started this one, but I like it so far.






More Beauty, Less Beast: Transforming Your Inner Ogre by Debora Coty
-This one is perfect for grabbing a chapter here and there. It's definitely different than what I'm used to, but it's cute as a quick devotional.



In March, I hope to read:




The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
-I don't know anything about this book, so at the moment I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. We'll see!




Stand by Me by Neta Jackson




By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer
-I am SO excited to read this one! It will be my first book by Tricia, but I have been hearing great things about her since before I even knew about the whole book blogging world.




Oil by Jeff Nesbit
-This one doesn't look like anything I would ever pick up on my own, but it was sent to me as a surprise, and now I'm actually pretty curious about it.





Growing Up Ziglar: A Daughter's Broken Journey from Heartache to Hope by Julie Ziglar Norman
-I'd never heard of the Ziglars, but I've been hearing pretty good things about the book, so maybe I'll like it.




Blue Moon Promise by Coleen Coble




Almost Amish: One Woman's Quest for a Slower, Simpler, More Sustainable Life by Nancy Sleeth





In anticipation for Moonblood, which releases in April(and I hope Amazon rushes my copy!), I really want to re-read Veiled Rose by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.

I've got a very busy month of reading ahead of me! I'm mostly finished with most of the "finish reading" books, so hopefully I can actually get them all in!

8 comments:

  1. I want to read Lit! too...just no budget to buy it. Looking forward to your thoughts! I have not read Peter Pan. Lookiong forward to Pilgrim's Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It amazes me how many authors and books there are--most of these I've never even heard of! :-) I'm a bit interested to read something by Tricia Goyer, too, mainly because she's known in homeschooling circles.

    I'll look forward to reading your Pilgrim's Progress post--it'll be interesting to read the perspective of someone who's totally unfamiliar with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I thought I read a lot but you put me to shame! :)
    What an interesting selection you have too! Keep up the good work.

    Elizabeth
    5 Minutes for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious to know how are you liking "The Beautiful Wife" so far? My woman's group is looking for a new book and this looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking it so far! There's some things that clash with my beliefs(the prayer of salvation is in the first chapter), but I know that won't be an issue for most people. After I started reading it, I went back and started over, because I definitely think it's best as a study book. There's lots of great advice in there! :)

      Delete
  5. I snickering because I know exactly what you mean about all of the review copies coming in at ONE TIME! GAA! But I'm still excited by them.

    Yay! Still looking forward to hearing what you have to say about Lit.

    And I'm very, very glad you are joining in with Pilgrim's Progress this month. I have a feeling you'll really find it interesting! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some great titles! You are the 3rd person this month that I have seen Lit! on their list. I have to know more about it! Pilgrims Progress is a great book and movie. I too have taken on Stand By Me to review...hope it's good. Zig Ziglar is/was a great Christian motivational speaker. We did his "program" at the bank I worked for about 15 years ago. I would love to have all these books on your list! Happy March reading!

    ReplyDelete