Monday, February 13, 2012

Scribbled With Love!

My little boys are too young right now to do most crafts that are fully their own. Grasshopper can scribble, though. And it's HIS craft! So, when I saw THIS POST(found through Pinterest, of course), it really got the wheels to turning in my brain! While I have lots of plans with Grasshopper's scribbles, this one fits appropriately for now, so I thought I would share.

Of course, when I have plans for Grasshopper's scribbles, he doesn't want to do it. I had to sing a little "color" song and dance a little to get some scribbling! He came through for me, though! :)

Using a printable from HERE and a blank card(a big pack from Micheals using 40% coupon) and some scrapbook paper, I made the front of the card.




For the inside, I cut a heart shape from Grasshopper's scribbles. (If your little one can cut a heart, let them cut it out).




I plan on actually putting Grasshopper's name at the bottom, but for the sake doing this post, it's not on there yet. He can't write at all, but I will attempt to "help" him write his name. Also, make sure they help with glue and patting on the other pieces, so it's even more from them.

This could also be a perfect card for grandparents!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww that is so sweet. How old are your boys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grasshopper is 3 1/2, but he's WAY behind in everything. Firefly is 9 1/2 months.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is cute. And you are right - a perfect card for grandparents!

    ReplyDelete