Friday, February 3, 2012

101 Bible Adventures: The Ultimate Quest for Truth



Tyndale House Publishers (January 20, 2012) 224 pages

My Thoughts:

101 Bible Adventures is a bit different than what I expected, but I don't guess that's a bad thing. I thought there to be "adventures" with the devotionals(challenges of some sort). There's not challenges, but they are still great devotionals for children!

Each story starts out with a "What's Up" section, which gives you a peek at what or who the story is about. There's a "Key Verse" section, which isn't necessarily from that story's reading, but in some way connects to it. Then there's the story. It tells you where it came from(book, chapters, verses), and then gives you a summary of what happened. There's a small black and white picture(kind of comic book style, but only one picture) that goes along with each story. Finally, there's a "Now What" section. It tells you what you should have gotten out of the reading and has some questions.

Overall, I like it! It's a simple, quick, straight forward kind of devotional. It's on it's way to one of my nephews, and I think he will enjoy it!

*I was provided a review copy through Tyndale in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment