Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Top Twelve Books I WANT to Read in 2012

This list is fictional books that have been waiting patiently on my shelf. Since I did 12 books for my NEED list, I did 12 for this one, too.





The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I just don't know why I keep skipping over this one. I have no doubt I will enjoy it!






The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

How can I NOT want to read this series?!






The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz

This is another one that I'm just so mad at myself for not reading yet! I KNOW I will love it. I've seen it compared to Christy a couple of times, which is one of my favorite books.






Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer

Y'all should know by now that I adore Karen's books, so why I haven't read this one yet, I just don't know.






Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Seriously, I want to pick this one up right now!






On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness: Adventure Peril, Lost Jewels, and the Fearsome Toothy Cows of Skree (The Wingfeather Saga) by Andrew Peterson

I read the third book, and liked it. I want to read the first two to fill in the blanks, though, and then re-read the third one.





The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton






Miss Marple: The Complete Short Stories by Agatha Christie

I found the short story book at a thrift store. I downloaded the free kindle version at Amazon of the first book, but I just hate reading off my computer. :P These are relatively easy books to find when I'm at used book stores, though.






Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

It seems like I've been seeing a lot of Sherlock Holmes around lately.






Let Them Eat Cake by Sandra Byrd

Sandra quickly became an author that I want to read everything she has written. It was a VERY exciting day when I found this book. I almost hate to admit that I paid a whopping quarter for it. If it's as good as the other two books I've read written by Sandra(and I have no doubt that it is), it's worth more than that! ;)





Jenny of L'Anse Bay by Donna Winters

Ok...the cover seems a bit like what I thought of when I heard "romance novel" when I was younger. I know it's clean, though! :) It has a Native American hero, so I'd really like to read it. I have 3 more of Donna's books I really want to read, too.





The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal

This one sounds really intriguing.

2 comments:

  1. Two cents alert here...

    Laura Frantz - you will L-O-V-E!!!! Her first book is great, and they only get better as you continue with her other books.

    Sandra Byrd - LTEC was the first book I ever read of hers, and I have been a fan ever since. That whole series is great, and her books are worth every penny! Also, if you get a chance to check out her newest--To Die For--you won't be sorry there, either. :o)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete