Monday, January 2, 2012

Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention in December


A Pearl Among Princesby Coleen Paratore

This one just looks interesting!





The Knife of Never Letting Goby Patrick Ness





RemembranceMichelle Madow





Hound Dog Trueby Linda Urban

Just curious about this one!




The Thirteenth Princessby Diane Zahler

During my break, I finally got to finish Wildwood Dancing for the second time. I've read 3 re-tellings of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, and I've greatly enjoyed them all. I've made it a goal to read all of the re-tellings of that story. This one and the next are the top ones that have made my list.

Just a little F.Y.I.- SurLaLune Fairytales is an awesome site that had various fairy tales and then books that are re-tellings of that particular story listed. I wish I had known about this site earlier. I spent a great deal of time searching for an online version of the original Twelve Dancing Princesses. I searched through all of my fairy tale books. No luck. One day when I was shopping through some old books, I found one that had the story in there. It was an exciting day for me, but this site would have made things much easier!






The Night Danceby Suzanne Weyn





Slayersby CJ Hill

I recently won one of Janette Rallison's books. I was thrilled beyond words the day I found out I'd won! I've heard great things about her books, and I'm excited to finally get to read some of her works. Now you may be wondering why I mentioned all that! :) CJ Hill IS Janette. I saw somewhere that she(or maybe her publishers) decided to go with a pen name, since this was a good bit different than her other works. Either way, I want to read it.





Dragonswoodby Janet Lee Carey

This one looks really interesting. I think I'm going to wait and see what kind of content it has before I decide to read it, though.





A Curse Dark As Goldby Elizabeth Bunce

I've seen this one around, but it caught my attention again last month.





The One and Only Ivanby Katherine Applegate

I had already seen some praise for this one, so when it came up for review through the Amazon Vine program, I snatched it up. I'm excited to read it!

1 comment:

  1. The Thirteenth Princess DEFINITELY looks captivating! I'll wait for your thoughts on that one. If you read it and like it, I'm totally going for it!

    ReplyDelete