Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Ten Books I Read in 2011

I had intended to hang on to this post until next week, but I'm going to go ahead and post now. Warning: All next week will be "Top Ten" posts, too! I had 4 that I really wanted to do, and they all seemed like lists that I needed to put up at the beginning of the month, so I decided to make one more and just make make a week of them. Now I've decided to go ahead and do a "New Year's Goals" list, too, because maybe it will help me stay on track better. Hopefully!

I decided to make 2 "Top Ten Favorites of 2011" lists. I don't usually review many of the children's books we read around here, so I'm giving a separate list just for my favorite children's books of 2011. That one will go up next week.

This list was really hard to narrow down. I've read some awesome books in 2011!

1st place goes to........




Married Mom, Solo Parent: Finding God's Strength to Face the Challenge by Carla Anne Coroy

This book had a HUGE impact on me, and I desperately need to read it again. Right now! I don't hesitate at all to recommend this book to every mother out there!

MY REVIEW



The rest are in no order at all. I adored them all!





To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer

So, so sweet! Karen's writing is just lovely! I can't wait to finally get to Head in the Clouds. I have no doubt that I will love it as well!

MY REVIEW





The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

This one has one of my favorite leading ladies of all time!

MY REVIEW





Entwined by Heather Dixon

If you like fairy tales at all, I HIGHLY recommend this book. It's clean, and just simply a beautiful book!

MY REVIEW





Beautiful Bandit by Loree Lough

Another very sweet romance! I've got to read the next two books in the series. They are both patiently waiting on my shelf.

MY REVIEW





A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander

This one is beautiful in SO many ways!

MY REVIEW





Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham

This is one of those books that you have to read all the way through. DO NOT give up on it! Read to the end! It was just such a wonderful book!

MY REVIEW





Emily of Deep Valley by Maud Hart Lovelace

Adored it!!!!(At the time I'm writing this post, it's on sale for $5 at Amazon).

MY REVIEW





Veiled Rose by Anne Elizabeth Stengl

Despite the fact that this one left me a little confused, I just loved it. I think I'll probably like it better when I read Heartless . It's one I hope to get to in the next couple of weeks!

MY REVIEW




Bound by Guilt by CJ Darlington

This book just really tugged at my emotions. It's definitely not my normal type of read, but I still think it deserves a spot on my favorite reads of 2011! There was some powerful stuff in there.

MY REVIEW

I re-read one of my favorites, Wildwood Dancing, in 2011, but I'm not including it on this list. Y'all already know I love it!


Y'all feel free to leave links to your "Top Ten of 2011" posts. I would love to see what books I need to add to my reading list.

5 comments:

  1. Great list, Bluerose! I, too, loved To Win Her Heart and Veiled Rose. :) There were just so many wonderful releases this year!!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover on Entwined. I haven't read the Tamera Alexander book, but I love her stories. I bet it will make my best of 2012 list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Win Her Heart is definitely a keeper! I love that your list is a mixed bag, I'll have to check some of those babies out!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I enjoyed several of those as well.

    ReplyDelete