Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Books I Want to Re-Read Soon

Carrie @ Reading to Know did this post, so I decided to follow in her footsteps. I signed up with the Contentment Reading Challenge (hosted by Amber @ Season's of Humility) at the beginning of the year to re-read 5 books. Just 5! Do you know how many I've re-read?! Not a one! I've only got 2 months left to accomplish that task. I'll most likely be picking from this list, though.



Wildwood Dancing
by Juliet Marillier

I'm actually re-reading this one right now. Finally! I figured it's about time I give it a proper review. I've been talking about it for so long! It's one of my favorite books ever! (Just in case anybody has been wanting to read it, it's only $4 at Amazon right now).




At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon

This is probably my favorite series ever. Several years ago(I was married at the time, but no kids yet), I read through the whole series all at once. I just adored it!




A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman

This one speaks for itself! Just such a beautiful book!



A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Another lovely book!



Christy by Catherine Marshall

Surprisingly, I prefer my plain old red cover on this book. My grandmother let me borrow her copy a few years ago, and I loved it so much that when I saw it at a book sale, I snatched it up. I watched a few episodes of the TV show, and didn't really care for them. I should probably give more of them a chance, but they just had to change up so much that it was distracting for me.



To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

This is one of the few classics I've read through the years, and it was required reading in school. While all the other books on this list are some of my all-time favorites, I don't remember much of anything about this one. I feel I need to know what this book is about!



Watership Down by Richard Adams

This book was a Christmas gift from my grandmother in my younger years. I remember it being a couple of years later that I actually read it, but I do remember really liking it. It's time to refresh my memory, though.




Wayside School is Falling Down and Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar

It's funny that I was looking at the dates of these books at Amazon thinking there was no way I was that old when I read these books! I would have been in high school(or close) with some of the dates. A quick search assured me the original dates of publication were much earlier! ;) One was even before I was born.
I remember loving these as a kid, though! I'm curious if I would still find them as appealing as an adult.




Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food by Lysa Terkeurst

I apparently need to read this one again. Immediately!!



The Owl Keeper by Christine Brodien-Jones

I read this one last year and loved it. I read it thinking there would be a sequel, though, so I'm curious what my thoughts would be now knowing that it is a standalone.


So, what books make your re-read list?

3 comments:

  1. I was told Wildwood Dancing is awesome. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! :) I should fit in some more re-reads before the end of the year... I've only re-read 3 books for my own challenge! ;) Happy re-reading!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete