Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George




Bloomsbury USA Childrens (October 25, 2011) 240 pages
Source: Amazon Vine

Description from Amazon:

Tuesdays at Castle Glower are Princess Celie's favorite days. That's because on Tuesdays the castle adds a new room, a turret, or sometimes even an entire wing. No one ever knows what the castle will do next, and no one-other than Celie, that is-takes the time to map out the new additions. But when King and Queen Glower are ambushed and their fate is unknown, it's up to Celie, with her secret knowledge of the castle's never-ending twists and turns, to protect their home and save their kingdom.

My Review:

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when I realized this was a young reader's book. I know that I should have known from the cover, but I just thought they were going with something different.

It is a really cute and whimsical story, though! I really enjoyed getting to know especially Celie and the castle. It had HUGE potential as a full length young adult book, in my opinion! I really wish that some aspects of the story had been discussed more in length. The ending is really rushed! So rushed, it's like the author just ran out of time. I really hate that, though, because there's some things that I'm left wondering about. It's not set up like a series, so I actually don't expect to find out what happened to certain characters and what things meant. Therefore, I'm a bit disappointed.

Overall, it was fun and light, though. It's definitely worth a read, since it has a unique storyline.

*I was provided an Advance Reader's Copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

4 comments:

  1. This one SOUNDS really cute! Sorry to hear you were slightly disappointed by it for I agree with you that it sounds like it holds much promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty much the ending that I was disappointed with. It needed to be at least 10 pages longer to explain a few things! :) It's definitely fun and cute, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this book will be a series so maybe some of your questions will be answered. I hate to be left hanging too!

    I haven't gotten your email. Try emailing me at cleanteenfiction (at) gmail (dot) com or you can leave a comment with your email on my blog. I just don't want to post my address. I'm really excited to win books!! These are my first books won since starting my blog in April. My 3 picks are The Healer's Apprentice, A Heart Most Worthy, and The Lost Queen. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete