Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Night Night Blessings by Amy Parker



Thomas Nelson; Brdbk edition (October 11, 2011) 20 pages

Description:

Cuddle up with your little ones and count all the blessings God put in their day.

This book is a precious way to put your little ones to bed at night and fill their thoughts with the many good things that have filled their day. It’s a great way to teach them gratitude and help them sleep soundly at night.

Whether it’s Mommy’s goodnight kisses, Grandpa’s comfy lap, or pancakes stacked THIS high, there are so many blessings to count before bed! Written in rhyme and coupled with adorable illustrations, this follow up book to best-selling Night Night Prayer will be an instant bedtime hit.

My Review:

I'm using the main description, but I've looked through the book several times and have yet to see a word about "Granpa's comfy lap." That's not a huge deal to me, but I am curious where that came from. :)

But anyway! Night Night Blessings is absolutely adorable! The colors and pictures are so serene, they just make you drowsy. That might not be so great for the parents, but wonderful for the children. :)

"From the sunlight in my window
To the glow of the moonlight,
Thank you for the blessings You give
From "Good morning!" to "Night night."

Night Night Blessings is simply a precious, beautiful book and I can't wait to search out Amy's other books!!

"Thank You, God, for soft kitten purrs
And sloppy dog kisses too!
My pets don't have to say a word
When they tell me,
"I love you."

*I was provided a review copy through the Booksneeze program in exchange for my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. What a great habit to instill in a child. I love this concept. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a book I need to read just for myself! =)

    ReplyDelete