Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm behind the times........

I finally created a Facebook page. I'd love for you to "like" it. On the Bluerose's Heart Facebook page, I will link-up my posts, favorite posts from others, and quotes I like. There's so many times I want to share things, but just don't go to the trouble of creating a whole post for it. I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook, but in this case I think it will be good.


On another note, I will no longer post any negative reviews on Bluerose's Heart, unless required. I will, however, post all my reviews(even negative) at Goodreads. I've debated back and forth on how I wanted to handle negatives, but I think this is best. I do want to remember why I disliked or liked a book, so I'll use Goodreads for this purpose and save my blog posts for only books I really love. So, feel free to friend me on Goodreads. My only exception will be if I was part of a blog tour and was removed due to negative thoughts. I will remove those books from my lists as though I never had them.

And on yet another note, I finally signed up with Twitter, too. I'll pretty much use Twitter to post about giveaways. Most giveways have extra entries for Twittering, so that's what it's purpose will be for me. :)

Lastly, I've also added the email subscription option. It's over there in the top right corner.

I think that catches me up just a tiny bit! :)

11 comments:

  1. :) My facebook account is pretty recent, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me to create my own Twitter account, too! :) Thanks! I'm following you now, and I just posted about my new Twitter venture:

    http://seasonsofhumility.blogspot.com/2011/10/twitter-and-creative-endeavor.html

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I have company in "behind the times"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Twitter although I'm leery of some of the spammy people who follow me LOL!
    I followed you! :-)

    XOXO~ Renee C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, My! I hope I don't get too creeped out over there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about the negative reviews. I really enjoy negative reviews. They help me figure out what to try, what may have not worked for someone but will work for me, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juju-
    I like reading them on other people's blogs, too. It's helped me narrow down my reading lists with some of them. That's why I had a hard time deciding. I just feel bad when I know the author has put their time and heart into their babies and then I talk negatively about it. I will still post them on Goodreads, though. I know the author will still see them, but maybe I won't be giving out as much bad publicity.
    And recently, I just couldn't review a book without most likely offending many of my well loved blogger friends, so I decided not to(with permission, of course). Being a reviewer is tough sometimes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really don't care for Facebook, but I love twitter. Glad you and Amber have decided to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bluerose: I feel ya. It's a fine line between being honest and being nice. It is tough being a reviewer sometimes.

    Whenever I'm placed in the situation I post my feelings, why I felt them, and then reviews to other blogger's glowing reviews. That way the visitor to my site can see I tried to balance it :)

    Example: http://www.talesofwhimsy.com/2011/10/unreview-of-stork-wheres-beef.html

    But I feel ya. When the author is a bigger name (and I know they can take it) I tend to be more brutally honest.

    My biggest criteria in negative reviews is that I only review books I finished. If I couldn't give the book the full chance (or abandoned it) then I don't feel I deserve the right to review it.

    Good luck what fits right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juju-
    Great advice!!! Linking to good reviews is definitely something I will try to do!

    I'm the same way. It's so much easier to be brutal when an author has already paved their way through the book world. I completely agree about unfinished books, too! I do have a couple of exceptions that I posted about, but in general, I won't unless I have to. :)

    ReplyDelete