Saturday, October 15, 2011

Armchair Cybils Challenge @ Hope Is The Word




I decided to join in the fun @ Hope is the Word by participating in the Armchair Cybils Challenge.

These are nominated books that I've already read. Sorry. I don't have them divided by category.

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

The Friendship Doll by Kirby Larson

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick

Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham

The Princess Curse by Merrie Caskell

Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George

Wildwood by Colin Meloy

Fifo 50 States by Hayley Rose

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater-I read this one, but didn't like it at all, so no review for it!

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Under a Fairy Moon by T.M. Wallace


There were some I liked, some I LOVED, and some I didn't like at all.

These are the nominated books that are already sitting on my shelf or have already been accepted for review, so they are the ones I plan on definitely reading for the challenge. (linked to Amazon)

The False Princess
by Eilis O'Neal

Dancing on the Inside
by Glen Strathy

Kat, Incorrigible
by Stephanie Burgis

The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic
by Jennifer Trafton

My Rhinoceros
by Jon Agee

These are just a few of the nominated books that I would love to read by the end of the challenge, but it all depends on which ones I'm able to get my hands on. You'll probably recognize most of these from my "Top 10 Books That Caught My Attention This Month" posts. :) I do NOT plan on reading all of these, though.

I'll Be There
by Holly Goldberg Sloan

The Mockingbirds
by Daisy Whitney

Sass & Serendipity
by Jennifer Ziegler

Small Town Sinners
by Melissa Walker

Inside Out and Back Again
by Thanhha Lai

Too Shy for Show-and-Tell (Little Boost)
by Beth Bracken

13 Curses
by Michelle Harrison

A Tale Dark and Grimm
by Adam Gidwitz

Liesl & Po
by Lauren Oliver

The Apothecary
by Maile Meloy

The Aviary
by Kathleen O'Dell

The Midnight Zoo
by Sonya Hartnett

5 comments:

  1. You didn't like Forever? Why not? What about the rest of the series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--you've certainly got a great start on the Armchair Cybils. I, on the other hand, haven't read any of the nominated books. I'm excited to participate in the challenge along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy-
    I really liked Shiver, and Linger not so much. It was such a cliffhanger, though, I decided to read the last one. Forever just didn't explain things well enough for me. I felt like the author couldn't figure out how to tie the loose ends up, so she chose not to. I think I remember you really liking this one, so it shows how diverse the world is. ;)

    Bekah-
    I didn't realize I had read so many nominated books! To be honest, until Amy mentioned them recently, I'd never heard of the Cybils. Sad, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've read so many nominated books already! That's wonderful--I'll definitely be checking out your reviews! Which one of the one you've read is your favorite?

    The only one in your TBR list that I've read is The Rise and Fall of Mt. Majestic, and I loved it!


    I'm so glad you're playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy-
    Entwined is definitely my favorite! But, Down the Mysterly River is a close second. That story has really stuck with me. There's several I really liked, though.

    I'm hoping to get to TRAFOMM within the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete