Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention in September

My Amazon linky thing isn't working, so I don't have links set up if there is any you wanted to go look at over there. I've been spoiled with the easy way, and I can't bear to do it the long way! :)




The Orphan of Awkward Falls by Keith Graves

The title grabs my attention. That's all I know about it, and I really think I need to read it! ;)



My So Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife: A One Year Experiment.... and It's Surprising Results by Sara Horn

I'm a far cry from the Proverbs 31 wife, so I'm curious to read this one. I'm way more picky with my Non-Fiction books, so I actually read the first chapter of it at a blog, and I love Sara's humor.




The Candymakers by Wendy Mass

This one looks fun.



The Story of Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver

The title .........



I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan

This one came very highly recommended!



The Art of Tim Burton

I've made no secret that I'm a huge Tim Burton fan. I'm only a fan of his children friendly works, though, so I'm a little scared of what lies in the pages of this book. :) I'll probably never know, though, because it's a very limited print book, and therefore expensive!



Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick

Brian's other book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, made last month's list. I just found out about this new one this month. I've had the opportunity to review it, but I'm still deciding if I want to read it as an ARC, which will most likely leave out pictures, or wait for a finished copy. Hmmmmmm............tough choice. :)



My Grammer and I or Should it be Me by J.A. Wines

It's pretty obvious from my reviews that there's a great deal of grammer rules that I've forgotten. I don't remember when to use me or I or who or whom......and so many more! I think I need this book to help me refresh my memory. It's been a few years!



Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis

I have two boys.....
I know it's about the father's role, but I'm still curious.



A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas by Erica Vetsch

This is one that ended up on my PBS wishlist awhile back. I put it on there because I liked the cover. :) It caught my attention this month, though, as one that I really want to read!

Do you have any you think should be up there? :)

5 comments:

  1. Hot list. I want Wonder Struck too.

    My So Called Life looks good!

    LOVE the Candymakers cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say - My Amazon associates linky widget isn't working either. And it's driving me crazy! I used to use it to link titles and put pictures on my blog. Really hoping Blogger brings it back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juju-
    I really can't wait to read Wonderstruck!

    Katie-
    Me too! It was so easy! I used to do it the long way, too, and wondered why I waited so long to do it the easy way once I finally did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost ALL of these books grab my attention in some way or another. (Except Tim Burton because he drives me crazy and Raising a Modern Day Knight because my Jonathan read that and said it wasn't THAT great.)

    My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife makes me grin and chuckle though. I can only imagine!!! Definitely curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your Jonathan didn't overly care for the Knight book, I'll skip it, and go with hopefully something better! :)

    I'm laughing at the Tim Burton comment! He's definitely a unique kind of guy. ;)

    ReplyDelete