Friday, July 29, 2011

Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis

Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge




When I first started reading Voyage of the Dawn Treader, it wasn't looking very promising. I was a little bored. Sorry!! ;) It did pick up, though, and it has become my favorite book yet. Although, I do still have 4 to go. :)

I felt like the writing of this book was intended for an older audience. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe just gave me a warm feeling of sitting in front of the fire having a story told to me. In that sense, I think it will remain my favorite. Voyage of the Dawn Treader was more adventurous, though, so that's why I like it the most right now. It was like a series of short story adventures.

I was very excited to see Reepicheep back! Lucy's thoughts sum up mine really well.

"Lucy longed, as she had slways done, to take Reepicheep up in her arms and cuddle him. But this, as she well knew, was a pleasure she could never have: it would have offended him deeply. Instead, she went down on one knee to talk to him."


My favorite part of the whole book was at the Magician's Island. It was very humorous and fun. I love how quite often through this book, it would get slightly suspenseful, but not for too long.

I won't lie...there's a few things I don't like about the series. But, nothing on Earth has ever, or will ever be perfect other than Christ and His Word. I've never read anything that fit my beliefs perfectly, other than the Bible, so I really don't expect the Narnia series to be a perfect fit. Like most things in life, you have to take the good with the bad and create a happy medium. There really is way more that I have thoroughly enjoyed!!

I do hate that some of my favorite characters won't be in the other books. At least I assume they won't. I know the books do go back and forth in time a bit, so I guess I'll have to see. I'm looking forward to reading of more adventures through Narnia!

This will be my last post in connection with the Narnia Reading Challenge, but I'm going to continue having my own little challenge. I very much want to find out what else happens in Narnia, and I have a couple more books relating to Narnia and C.S. Lewis that I'm very curious to read!

3 comments:

  1. I've never read any of these believe it or not but I have liked the movie versions I've seen LOL!

    BTW I love your new header too! :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Renee.

    This is the first time I've read them, so I'm glad that I wasn't alone before. I thought I was about the last person ever to read them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;D I appreciate your honesty here!

    This became my favorite last year when I read it. It's so rich and so full.

    ReplyDelete