Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Top Ten Books On My Wishlist for July

Top Ten {Tuesday}


I still really want to read several of the books on my June wishlist, but I decided to feature different ones for July.






Rae: My True Story of Fear, Anxiety, and Social Phobia (Louder Than Words) by Chelsea Swigget

Last week during my review of Craving Grace, I mentioned that I just absolutely don't like memoirs. So...you might be surprised to see a memoir on my Top Ten Wishlist. And while the rest of them are in no order, Rae sits at my #1 want! I'm very curious to read her story, because in high school the description of the book could have been of me. I'm much better these days than I used to be, but I "jokingly" say I have social phobia.
I've also realized since then that I also have a few other memoirs that I hope to read one day including Growing Up Amish: A Memoir by Ira Wagler and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life (P.S.) by Barbara Kingsolver. (They just don't quite make it on my top ten). So, I guess I like SOME memoirs better than I thought. :)



Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George

I've been trying lately to support my library, but they don't have any of Jessica's books. :( I will probably just find another fairy tale re-telling to satisfy my craving, but I'd still love to read this one.




Tiger's Curse (Book 1) by Colleen Houck

I'm VERY curious about this one!




Cordelia Underwood: Or the Marvelous Beginnings of the Moosepath League by Van Reid

I'm curious about this one, too.





The Big Book of Exclamations

I want this one for my Grasshopper. I still have a little while before I think it would be really (or more)beneficial. I'm keeping a check on it, since it's still a little pricey everywhere I've looked.





Operation Bonnet: A Novel by Kimberly Stuart

I've actually had this one on my wishlist for a little while now.







Book of a Thousand DaysChildren's Fairy Tales, Folk Tales & Myths Books) by Shannon Hale

Another fairy tale book.





The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester

I've really been in a young readers(and fairy tale re-telling) mood lately. I've finally finished up all my review copies that were time pressed, so I'm looking forward to diving into all the books I have lined up.





Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai

...another young reader book.





The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own MakingTeen Science Fiction Books) by Catherynne M. Valente

...And another. I actually have more young reader books on my wishlist, but they will show up in my next week's top ten list, so I left them off this one. Just in case you're curious, next week's will be "My Top Ten Favorite Book Covers...At the Moment." :)

*Sorry about some of the extra words and links in the titles of some of the books! I used the provided Amazon links and I don't know how to take off the extra stuff.

3 comments:

  1. I think you can have our Big Book of Ex. We don't need it now...and though the baby is on its way, I think you need it more! Would you send me your address again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post again! =) Happy to see Cordelia Underwood on there. I haven't heard of any of the rest of these which made this list pleasurable to read through! Very curious about The Girl Who Cirumnavigated Fairyland so I hope you DO get to that one so that you can tell me more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wish list! I haven't read any of those. I'll have to check them out.

    You won the giveaway for the Imagination Station book #3. Please email me your address and I'll send it off ASAP. My email is Brigonia @ netzero dot net

    ReplyDelete