Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spring for Susannah by Catherine Richmond



Thomas Nelson (June 14, 2011) 352 pages

My Review:
After Susannah's parents died, she was almost killed by a man. To escape, she agreed to marry a man she had never met, although they had been exchanging letters. Jesse had been lving alone for awhile, so he welcomed his new bride, even though she's not quite what he had in mind. Spring for Susannah is the story of how they grow to know each other and live during tough times.

I loved that Susannah is not your typical leading lady. She's 30, very shy and described as plain and skinny. I found it refreshing to read about just a normal girl. Jesse is very talkative, which I found humorous. Catherine actually has humor, almost discreetly, sprinkled throughout the book. I laughed out loud on several occasions!

Since this is a story of newlyweds learning about each other, I don't really recommend it to younger readers. Although there's no details at all, I don't think some of the scenes are appropriate for younger, unmarried readers.

I loved reading Spring for Susannah, and I will definitely be keeping an eye out for Catherine's future books!!! It was a beautiful story!

*I was provided an Advanced Reader Copy of this book through the Litfuse Publicity Tour in exchange for my honest opinion. I apologize profusely for the late review!!

Click HERE to see what others on this tour are saying about Spring for Susannah.

To celebrate her debut novel, Catherine and her publisher, Thomas Nelson, have teamed up to give away a Spring For Susannah Prize Package worth over $150!




One grand prize winner will receive:

* A brand new Latest Generation KINDLE with Wi-Fi and Pearl Screen

* Spring for Susannah by Catherine Richmond (for KINDLE)

To enter just click one of the icons below and then tell your friends! But hurry, giveaway ends on June 27th. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, June 28th at 5 PM (6PM MST, 7PM CST, & 8PM EST) during Catherine's Spring for Susannah Book Club Party on Facebook! Catherine is rustling up some fun for the party - she'll be chatting about the story behind her novel, hosting a book club chat, testing your mail-order bride trivia skills, and giving away some GREAT prizes! Don't miss the fun and tell your friends!


Enter via E-mail Enter via FacebookEnter via Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, Thank you for laughing! I never know when a scene will come out funny and it always surprises me when my critique group laughs. And yes, Spring for Susannah was intended for adult readers. Thank you so much for the review! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete