Friday, May 27, 2011

Good Advice and An Apology

I apologize to my fellow bloggers. I have been trying very hard to leave comments, but blogger will not let me. It keeps making me sign in over and over and OVER! It still won't let me leave comments, though. Is anybody else having this problem? Well, if you can't comment, I don't guess you could let me know if you were, though, could you?! ;)

I received this advice in an e-mail. I'm not one to forward e-mails, but since I'm not clogging your inbox here, I thought I would share. :) Some of these would make my life so much easier and better.

1. Pray
-I pray regularly, but there's been times when I'm so stressed out about something, and realize I haven't even prayed about it yet.

2. Go to bed on time.

3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
-#2 and #3 are extremely difficult with a newborn!! I have, more than once, been so exhausted that I turn the alarm off in my sleep, and missed where I needed to be.

4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
-I've really taken on too many review books lately! Who knew my reading time would be so drastically cut?! I'm trying once again to only accept books that I desperately want to read. There's books I've won(or bought-used of course) that I desperately want to read.

5. Delegate tasks to capable others

6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
-My biggest goal right now.

7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)

8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
-I'm always late. I hate that, and I'm trying very hard to change it! Last Sunday night, since my Jonathan wasn't here, I started getting stuff(and me, Grasshopper, and Firefly) ready 2 hours early. I arrive at church 30 minutes early, so that my parents could help me usher in my little ones, and I'm shocked that they are already sitting in the church building. My goodness! How early do I need to get there to arrive before them?! ;)

9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.

10. Take one day at a time.

11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.

12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.

13.. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
-This would have saved my family TONS of time through the years!!

14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
-I'm an extremely shy person, so throughout school it was joked that my motto was, "Nobody ever got in trouble by keeping their mouth shut." I think any man will tell you this is wrong. There's many questions a wife can ask, that do require an answer. ;) 99% of the time, though, this is great advice.

15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
-I always say I wish I had the energy and simply the wonder of my Grasshopper. We all need the heart of a child.

Mark 10:15 and Luke 18:17(New King James Version)

Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

16. Carry a spiritually enlightening book with you to read while waiting in line.
-I almost always carry a book with me if I'm going places, just in case. They're not always spiritually enlightening, though. I don't read fiction for inspiration or enlightenment. I simply read it for entertainment. Don't get me wrong, if a piece of fiction does inspire me, that's all the better, but I don't search it out. I do read my Bible and non-ficiton books for inspiration, though. You just can't go wrong with the Bible!! :)

17. Get enough rest.
-*sigh*

18. Eat right.
-I'm trying very hard at this right now. I've already lost all pregnancy weight, plus about 6 pounds. Yah!! I'm thinking about starting a challenge and posting results, just to make sure I stay(and get more) motivated.

19. Get organized so everything has its place.
-My house is far from organized at the moment, but I desperately want it to be! I repeat, in my mind, "A place for everything and everything in it's place." Maybe one day it will happen.

20.. Listen to a cd while driving that can help improve your quality of life...
-I've really re-evaluated what I listen to lately. I've been watching the Duggars(that I DVR) during late night feedings, and they've encouraged me to re-evaluate a lot of things. (and no, not the amount of kids I want). ;)

21 Write down thoughts and inspirations.

22. Every day, find time to be alone.
*sigh* again. This one isn't realistic for me. I'd rather it be that way than to not have my babies, though!!!!

23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
-When I wait until bed to pray, I usually end up asleep before I even really get started.

24. Make friends with Godly people.
-Again, being shy, this one is very difficult for me. Important, though!

25.. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand

26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good 'Thank you Jesus .'

27. Laugh.

28. Laugh some more!
-If I hear that a book has made someone laugh, I'm almost always searching it out(if it's clean). Recently, I purchased a used copy of a Wodehouse book that was recommended by Carrie @ Reading to Know. I can't wait to read it! Along with several of the others on this list. I linked to the list if you want to check it out.

29.. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
-This is so important for me. I'm attempting some sort of schedule to make sure I can get my work done. There's been days I haven't even been able to shower. "sigh", yet again. Firefly has definitely altered the way things work around here. It's a struggle just to get things halfway clean. We love him, though!!

30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
-I DO believe that MOST people are truly doing the best they can.

31.. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).

32. Sit on your ego.

33. Talk less; listen more.

34. Slow down.

35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
-I think this one is just funny.

36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU.
-I used to keep a thankful journal. I really need to start doing that again.

'If God is for us, who can be against us?'

(Romans 8:31)

4 comments:

  1. Very good advice, but there are seasons of life when some are not ALWAYS advisable...like when you are in survival mode with babies or tantruming preschoolers....

    As for comments, I can leave them. If you wanted to enter my giveaway, but couldn't comment, just do a pretend entry(s) through an email and I will publish as comments for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep mouth shut!? ACK! =D (Seriously, that's a wise list of advice!)

    Blogger wasn't allowing me to leave comments the other day but now I can. Seems like whatever was broken has now been fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot leave comments OR log into my blogger with FireFox or InternetExplorer. I am using Safari right now to get onto my blogger to post and leave comments, but it is SOOOO slow! I am very eager for Firefox to start working again! I keep trying each day, but every time I click log in it takes me back to the login page. Very annoying!!

    ~ Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got access to two different computers--one at work, and one at home. I couldn't leave comments anywhere on my work computer, but can on my home computer. Talk about frustrating! All Blogger has said thus far is that it's a "known issue"....grrrr.

    ReplyDelete