Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Miracle of Mercy Land by River Jordan



WaterBrook Press; (September 7, 2010) 352 pages

My Review:
This book is about a young woman, named Mercy Land, who moves to the beautiful city of Bay City, Alabama. Soon after she becomes “Doc’s Girl” as Doc’s assistant on the local newspaper. One day Doc shows her a book that just suddenly appeared that shows the lives of all the residents of Bay City. Mercy and Doc struggle to not let the book consume them.
Then suddenly Doc announces his retirement and brings a man in to take over. Mercy struggles with accepting the new handsome stranger.

This book sounded like something right up my alley. The cover is gorgeous, and I loved that the book was set in Alabama!! How could I resist reading a book set in Alabama, with a supernatural twist?!! I’d never read a book by River Jordon, and to be honest, I had never even heard of her, but I do love the name. ;) I really hate to say that I was disappointed. I had an extremely hard time getting into this book, and I really struggled reading through it. I would have liked to know more about the book itself, but it pretty much remains a mystery, which left me with a lot of questions. I just expected it to play a bigger role in the story. I think maybe the style of writing just isn’t my cup of tea, but I’m willing to read another one of River Jordon’s books, just to make sure. ;)

* I received a copy of this book from WaterBrook Multnomah Press. This is my honest opinion.

5 comments:

  1. I also had a hard time finishing this one. I felt it left too many questions unanswered. To be fair though, I don't like supernatural or paranormal plots so the odds were against me liking this one anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually like the supernatural type books, but like you, I just had too many questions afterwards.
    And I went to look at your review, and it's great, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy the story of Mercy Land. But writing and reading are so subjective. What is one readers favorite just isn't another's cup of tea. Thank you for reviewing and for promoting reading and writing at large!
    Blessings,

    River Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This did sound very interesting. I'm sorry it was a disappointment for you.

    ReplyDelete