Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones




Thomas Nelson (February 1, 2011)320 pages

Description:
When Alex and Lucy pick out wedding invitations, they wonder if they can be printed in vanishing ink.

Former NFL star Alex Sinclair is a man who has it all--except the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancée in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy will find her heart on the line--and maybe even her life. When God asks Alex and Lucy to scrap their playbook and follow his rules, will they finally say, "I do"?

My Review:
Save the Date was a fun, light romance. I think with some of my other reviews, I’ve said that many times those types of books are the ones that ends up on my favorites list. I enjoyed every moment of reading this book! I loved how quirky Lucy is. She’s very clumsy and loves any and all science fiction. She even has a group of friends called “The Hobbits.”
I think my favorite characters ended up being Clare and Julian. I found myself laughing out loud at many of their scenes. And of course, with the pregnancy hormones, it’s official. I can’t read a book without crying! This story was just so incredibly sweet at times, I couldn’t help it.
I was very happy with the ending. Books that I’ve read lately all seem to have the same trend going with a “surprise” ending. I actually expected that from this book, but I liked the way the author takes this story.
And I know the cover has nothing to do with how good a story is, but I LOVE the cover of this book and Just Between You and Me. The girls are just so cute and real. It’s refreshing, for me, anyway.
I had fun reading Save the Date, and I can’t wait to read more from Jenny B. Jones.

*I recieved this book from the publisher for review. This is my honest opinion.

5 comments:

  1. I read this book the day I got it and I agree, I LOVED IT! It was soooo fun, for me football and sci fi just made it that much better! :-P

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you would get this one! Football and Dr. Who- I couldn't help but think of you! :)
    I'm glad you liked it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your awesome review. So glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had any time at all, I would have grabbed this one to read in February. I'm just booked solid. It does look like a great read though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny- Thank you for stopping by! I hope to read lots more of your books!! :)

    Joy- I know exactly how you feel! I'm finally wrapping up the books I have left for review, but I've cut WAYYYY back on books. Those I have on my goodreads picture up there is actually all i've got left for review books at the moment. Then I'm free for a little while. :)

    ReplyDelete