Monday, August 16, 2010

Movie Review: Julie and Julia



December 8, 2009 Run Time:123 minutes Rated PG-13

Desription:
A culinary legend provides a frustrated office worker with a new recipe for life in Julie & Julia, the true stories of how Julia Child's (Meryl Streep) life and cookbook inspired fledgling writer Julie Powell (Amy Adams) to whip up 524 recipes in 365 days and introduce a new generation to the magic of French cooking. Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada) co-stars in director Nora Ephron's delicious comedy about joy, obsession and butter. Bon app├ętit!

My Review:
Today has been all about laying on the couch watching movies. I got in a couple for me while little boy was sleeping. I had planned on doing more movie reviews on my blog, but I rarely ever watch movies these days.
Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci are two of my favorite actors/actresses, so I was looking forward to this movie. It would have been great, except for the language. The lobster scene broke my heart, so there are cooking scenes that I didn't like. There's also one with a calf's leg. Gross!
There are several scenes with profanity. The sexual scenes are more implied than anything, although there is a back shot of Amy in bra and panties. The bad parts of the movie outweigh the good for me. It's very unfortunate, though, because Meryl was so great as Julia. I loved the scenes with her! It was a very funny movie for me.

1 comment: