Friday, July 2, 2010

Just a Glance At My Clean Reads



This is just a quick glance at my lists to give you an idea whether or not an author is clean. I will add as I go along. Some of these are before I started blogging, so all of them won't have a review. This list will not include the Christian Fiction and Non-fiction that I read. Those are usually clean.

Clean Reads:(These are great for all ages).

Faery Rebel: Spell Hunter by R.J. Anderson
(This seems targeted for middle school age, but I enjoyed it as an adult. The fairies in this book are more like tinkerbell, as opposed to the horrible creatures in the other young adult books I've read).

Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

Aurelia by Anne Osturlund
(Very minor violence-someone gets tampled by a horse).

The Chronicles of Faerie: The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling
(There's a couple of very minor words that our meaning is profanity, but I don't think they were meant to be profanity in the book).

The Owl Keeper by Christine Brodien-Jones

Mr.Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Patillo

House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo(Christian book, but no Christian references)

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the list, nothing spoils a book more for me than cheap language, sex, etc.
    I like a clean read. The garbage in some books is not needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I was very disappointed with Julie & Julia and put it down very quickly into the book. I've never heard of the Faerie books you mentioned. I love old fairy tales :)

    ReplyDelete