Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Review: A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman



Revell(May 1, 2009)480 pages

Description:(from Amazon)
Young Elizabeth O'Connor is the little sister John Brady always longed for. But she wants much more than that from her spiritual mentor. As she blossoms into a beautiful young woman intent on loving John, he must push back the very real attraction he feels for her. His past just won't let him go there. Unfortunately, Lizzie won't let him go anywhere else--until she discovers he is not all that he seems. Can true love survive such revelations? Full of the romance and relationships Lessman readers have come to love, A Passion Denied is the final book in the popular Daughters of Boston series.

My Review:
I don’t think anybody can write emotion like Julie. I could feel it seeping through the pages. Nothing makes me cry quicker! Like the other two books, this one deals a lot with forgiveness, which goes along with being a Christian. It’s so hard sometimes, though, as the characters prove.
A Passion Denied mainly focuses on Beth and Brady’s story. (Lizzie and John) I enjoyed reading about another shy bookworm, since I am one also.
While I think this may have been my favorite book of the three, Collin and Faith will always be my favorite couple. They are just so sweet and romantic!! I couldn’t help but look forward to the scenes with them to see what was going on in their lives. I liked the “homey” feeling of A Passion Denied. Charity and Faith are both married now, so when they all gather at the O’Conner house, I could just feel the love through the pages. I really enjoyed reading about Charity’s pregnancy, and Mitch is just as grumpy as always.
This book was like a marriage lesson. It proves that marriage is hard, and sacrifices have to be made. Along with complete trust in God, and lots of strength. I don’t think I could have been as strong as Marcy at one point in the book. I loved reading about all the headstrong women trying to be Godly wives. Being a wife and mother myself, I guess I related to this book more. As always with Julie’s books, I highly recommend reading them!!
I am extremely happy that technically, my wait for A Hope Undaunted recently got shortened by a month! I thought it was coming out Oct. 1, but it’s Sept. 1. I can’t wait to read about Katie and Cluny’s story. Cluny is introduced in A Passion Denied, and you can’t help but fall in love with him.

5 comments:

  1. Dontcha just love this whole series? It's my fave too and I just know I'm gonna love Cluny in A Hope Undaunted!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky, my birthday is in September so if I don't get it beforehand I'm putting this on my b-day gift list LOL!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLUEROSE!!! Thank you SOOO much for the great review, my friend -- it blesses the socks off of me! I am tickled pink you liked Denied, and I have to say, there's even more "family feel" in A Hope Undaunted, so you'll get your fill, trust me!

    RENEE ... you and Bluerose may just win Undaunted with the way you leave comments on my blog giveaways, so keep checking my website calendar from time to time, okay? As I said before, Sherrinda "cyber-stalked" (her word, not mine) my giveaways for a whole year and won five of my books, so the odds are REALLY good! And the winning copies for my blog giveaways are coming out of my own author supply, which I should get mid-Aug., so the chances are good you will get the book before Amazon or CBD does.

    Hugs,
    Julie

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read your review today. I am reading A Passion Most Pure and loving it. I don't know if I will be able to finish the whole series before A Hope Undaunted.

    Julie, I'm impressed with the way you keep up with your readers in the midst of everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I'm already a cyber stalker Julie:-P

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete