Friday, January 13, 2017

These are a Few of My Favorite.....Unlucky Characters



Today, Friday the 13th, is a celebration of Warren the 13th, from Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye. He won me over completely, and I'm greatly looking forward to reading more of his adventures in Warren the 13th and the Whispering Woods. My Firefly is especially fond of Warren, too, as some of you that know us better might expect.

Would you like to read a special short story about Warren and his Friday the 13th? Here ya go! There's also some activities your child can do at the end. I'm not superstitious at all, but it's all in good fun.






Today, I'm mentioning a few of my favorite "unlucky" characters, from both books and movies. (I've tried to avoid spoilers, so explanations are brief.)

***************************



Lady Edith from Downton Abbey

I have mixed emotions about Downton Abbey. I loved parts, and others not so much. I can't leave Lady Edith off a list of unlucky characters, though. She may just deserve the #1 spot!

**************************


Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery

She has a pretty unlucky past, and while her luck turns dramatically when the series starts, she still has moments of bad luck. (I'm currently in Anne of the Island, so I don't yet know how her luck plays out through the rest of the books.)

***************************



Leonora Bowman, also known as Charlotta the Fourth, from Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery

I'll include Charlotta the 4th, since she describes herself as unlucky in Anne of Avonlea. (I happen to think she's more on the lucky side, though, considering her boss, Lavender Lewis, is one of my most favorite people in the series so far.)

***************************


Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire, from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Coincidence that this series comes to Netflix today, Friday the 13th? Nah. These are 3 very unlucky children!

***************************


Jane Hayes, from Austenland by Shannon Hale

The book wasn't my favorite, but I LOVE the movie. It's up there with my most favorite ever. That said, the book does show more of her "unluckiness" when it comes to guys.

***************************


Salem, from Sabrina the Teenage Witch

As punishment, he's living life as a black cat.(He's quite the handsome cat, though, and reminds me of my sweet black cat, Bing. Some folks out there kill black cats, thinking they'll have bad luck otherwise. Don't be that person!)

****************************


Speaking of cats, this list wouldn't be complete without Eanrin, from Tales of Goldstone Wood.

****************************


Jurassic Park

In honor of my Grasshopper and his complete obsession with ALL things Jurassic Park, I include every single character from any of those movies in this list. It's pretty unlucky to spend any amount of time running for your life, attempting to not get eaten by dinosaurs. Dr. Alan Grant is especially unlucky in the third one. (My Grasshopper was Dr. Alan Grant for Halloween.) We must not forget the poor, cowardly guy that gets eaten while on the potty in the first one, and Zara in Jurassic World. My heart was even broken for a few unlucky dinosaurs.

*****************************


Bucky Barnes, from Captain America

This poor guy has a long string of unlucky moments through his life.

*****************************


Harry Potter

Some might consider him more on the lucky side, but he has plenty of unlucky moments.

****************************

Ron, also from the Harry Potter Series

Poor guy!

****************************


Batman

He had an unlucky past that he turns into good. Have I mentioned he's my most favorite hero? ;) He has no super powers, but uses his own strength and imagination.

****************************


And last, but not least, Warren the 13th.

He's the thirteenth Warren, for one. He also looks a little like a toad. That's unlucky!

If you'd like to read more about Warren, check out his official site, where you can also learn more about his creators.


**********************************************************

Do you have a favorite character you would consider "unlucky"? I'd love to hear about them!


**********************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment