Friday, October 14, 2016

Pop Manga Coloring Book by Camilla d'Errico


Description:

Manga artist and Pop Surrealism superstar Camilla d’Errico presents her first ever adult coloring book, filled with portraits, patterns, and the stunning artwork her fans and collectors have come to love.

This one-of-a-kind book offers you the opportunity to collaborate with d’Errico, adding your colors to her gorgeous black and white linework. Featuring everything from haunting and surreal character portraits to pages filled with patterns and designs all rendered in d’Errico’s inimitable style, Pop Manga Coloring Book is guaranteed to provide hours of coloring fun and excitement.

My Thoughts:

This has to be the most gorgeous coloring book I've ever seen. It's also weird, but it's the kind of weird that I adore.


I enjoy Manga, but I'm more of a casual, armchair fan at this point. I'd love to explore it more, but don't have a ton of access to it. Plus, you have to be so careful to avoid nudity and profanity(which most of it includes). This coloring book is conservative, for the most part. (There's a page with "Helmet Girls" on them, and those girls are a little less covered than I'd prefer, but there's no nudity. IF this book is for a child, then you could easily tear out any pages you didn't care for before handing it over to them. This one is for me, though, and I don't feel the need to remove it.)


This coloring book seems aimed more towards children, since there are a handful of little "Be Creative" types of notes through the coloring book. I think most adults that are like me, meaning they appreciate oddness, will like this book more, though.


My only semi-complaint about the book is the fact that some(though not all) of the eyes are left completely blank. I don't know if this is common in Manga. I haven't ran across it yet, but again, I'm still pretty new to the world. I'm sure it's to inspire creativity and let the owner make their own eyes, but I am very much lacking in that area, and don't really want to ruin the pages. That said, there is a note that lets you know you can make photocopies of any of the pages to practice on before attempting the main one. Maybe with practice, I can draw some decent eyes. :P


As a bonus, I love that there's a new front and back BLUE cover hidden underneath the dust jacket. It's those little extras that make a book more special!


If you enjoy the lovely side of Manga at all or surrealistic types of pictures, or just beautiful ODD pictures, this is the coloring book for you. I absolutely ADORE it.

*I was given a free copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment