Thursday, October 13, 2016

NKJV Study Bible (as a Beautiful Blue Option)


Description:

The NKJV Study Bible, Second Edition is the most comprehensive study Bible available! It has the most complete study system for pastors, teachers, or students who desire accurate study in God's Word. Using the trusted New King James Version, The NKJV Study Bible has "the mind of a scholar and the heart of a pastor." Thomas Nelson's skilled team of scholars has produced the study system to reach for when accurate study in God's Word is the goal.

Features include:

More than 15,000 verse-by-verse study notes 150 Bible times and culture notes 114 articles on key Bible doctrines 350 word studies with Strong's numbers "Christ in the Scriptures" feature Topical index Deluxe Nelson concordance Full-color maps

My Thoughts:

I've used the NKJV Study Bible for years, and I love it. I have a Bible from most versions out there for reference, but as far as day to day use, I highly prefer my NKJV Study Bible!


This particular version is very similar to my other ones, with the same set up, but it has has a lovely soft blue/turquoise cover, with silver outer page coloring. (The pictures make it look like it's black and turquoise, but it's really a lovely blue, not black.) The colors alone are worth getting a copy. ;) Seriously, though, I greatly enjoy the notes at the bottom of the pages that give a little extra detail about the verses. You get great background knowledge concerning the different time period the verses were written in. Just for the sake of honesty, some of the notes do contradict themselves when it comes to interpretations of verses. I would never suggest you use those notes solely, and I recommend them for historical value more than anything else. Study God's Words more than anything, not men's. These notes are a great jumping point, though, and I greatly appreciate them, and use them regularly.


Also, I appreciate the size of the words. They're not huge, but they're not so small that I'm uncomfortable reading it. For the average person, they're just right.

I think most people have their favorite Bible version already, but if you're looking for a nice NKJV Study Bible, this is a beautiful option.

*I was provided a free copy of this Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment