Wednesday, May 25, 2016

NKJV Chronological Study Bible


Description:

The Bible that allows you to study Scripture in the order of events as they happened

The Chronological Study Bible presents the text of the New King James Version in chronological order - the order in which the events actually happened - with notes, articles, and full-color graphics that connect the reader to the history and culture of Bible times. It is the only NKJV study Bible arranged in chronological order.

Features include:

The entire NKJV text with translators’ notes, arranged in chronological order, provides absorbing and effective Bible study
Full-color illustrations of places, artifacts, and cultural phenomena give the reader a dramatic, “you are there” experience
Fascinating articles connect the Bible text to world history and culture
Daily Life Notes explain how people lived in Bible times
Time Panels and Charts show the flow of Bible history
In-text and full-page color maps of the biblical world assist study


My Thoughts:

This NKJV Chronological Study Bible is seriously the most beautiful Bible I've ever seen. When I pulled it from the box, and discovered its beauty, I hugged it. I kid you not! My Bumblebee was there when it was pulled from the box, too, and he begged me to give it to him. Call me the worst momma ever, but I couldn't do it. ;)


If you know me at all, you know I love the color blue. It broke my heart when I had to set my beautiful blue Bible aside due to the smaller print. While the blue in the cover of this Bible is much darker, it still thrills my heart to have blue in the cover, and I'm grateful for that color option. Speaking of font size, I'm also thrilled that this particular Bible has a very readable font size. It's not giant, but larger than most Bibles these days.


There are so many little details that make this Bible gorgeous and useful to any library. First of all, the pages are a little brownish around the edges, giving it an ancient look. The closer you look, the more you'll notice. There's also the faintest decoration of words at the edge of the pages. There are full color illustrations spread throughout. Some of them are artwork, and some of them are realistic pictures or scenes.


Aside from the beauty of the Bible, there are tons of little things added throughout that make this an awesome study tool. From food to medicine to little daily moments that would have happened at that particular time period, along with so much more, you'll gain a better understanding of the verses being read.


This is a chronological Bible, so it's really not a Bible you'd want to use as your main one(which does make me a little sad, because I love it so much), but it's still an excellent option for chronological reading purposes. I also love that the dates are listed at the top of each page to give you a better understanding of where you are on the timeline at any given reading.


In the end, I think you can tell how much I adore this NKJV Chronological Study Bible! If you're looking for a chronological study Bible, based on my preferences, this one is a worthy investment.

*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment