Sunday, March 20, 2016

Paris Street Style by Zoe de las Cases




Description:

The adult coloring book is reinvented in a brand new format.

Wherever you’re off to, take this cheeky and charming coloring journal with you. Transport yourself to the corner pâtisserie, and give life to the stylish essentials laid out from your suitcase. Beautifully detailed outfits, accessories, and hairstyles complement the equally ornate cityscapes. Embellish whimsical, full-page patterns and classic dresses with your own style. Window shop the elegant stores of Paris while you give life to playful fashion. Like a high-end journal, this sleek package has an elastic closure and a satin ribbon marker so you can dip in and dip out of your own French fashion week. With nothing more than some colored pencils, you'll be on your way to a stress-free, Parisian-chic day.

My Thoughts:

While I've always loved coloring, I now have a fascination with all the beautiful "adult" coloring books that have flooded the market. In one particular store I visited, there were more adult coloring books filling the shelves than children's books. I must admit that made me a little sad, but I still can't help but be excited about all the coloring choices available to me now.

In this book, Paris Street Style, the main focus is on fashion. I love seeing beautiful clothes on other people, especially on Pinterest, but generally, I'm very simple with my clothes. (My goal is to blend in, and be as normal as possible, and not go too far in either direction.) I even loved seeing all the clothes on the movie The Devil Wears Prada, and it remains one of my favorites. For myself, though, I HATE shopping for clothes. I wish there was a way to get what I need without trying on things at stores. I spent several hours one day recently trying to replenish my little wardrobe with better fitting clothes, and I came home with SUCH a headache. I prefer shopping for books! I can imagine most people that know me in real life would snicker at the fact that I'm reviewing a fashion coloring book. (I don't mind being honest with y'all!) ;)


Paris Street Style is filled with pretty clothes, so I get the chance to experience the beauty of fashion without having to put myself in them. I even get to make them any color I want, and don't have to worry about the price or the size or whether it fits right/wrong. It's fun! There's also fun patterns to color and buildings and stores from Paris. There's even French words scattered throughout.


The book itself is somewhat like a sketchbook. It's square shaped, and smaller than any of the other coloring books I've had. Unless one looks closely at the front, or opens it up, it's not obvious that it's a coloring book. The cover is somewhat thick, and it's a bit stiff at first. It requires a little breaking in time. The pages are also nice and thick. There's even a ribbon bookmark and an elastic band to wrap around the cover when it's not in use. It's nice!


This is a lovely coloring book if you enjoy fashion in any variety of ways!

*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.



1 comment:

  1. :D I'm with you on shopping for clothes vs. shopping for books!! A huge struggle for me!

    ReplyDelete