Thursday, January 28, 2016

NIV Beautiful Word Bible


Description:

The NIV Beautiful Word Bible in hardcover format is an exquisitely designed, full-color Bible filled with 500 illustrated verses that offers a one-of-kind visual treatment of Scripture, encouraging you to understand and experience God’s Word in a fresh way.


My Thoughts:

The NIV Beautiful Word Bible is a journaling Bible. When I requested it, that part wasn't clear in the description. I would have been curious about it anyway, even if I had known, but I was surprised when I got it. It IS a beautiful Bible, though. There are 500 illustrations throughout, but there's also tons of room for your own artwork and notes. (I didn't count the 500, but I'm taking its word there.)




It also has a turquoise ribbon bookmark that adds to its beauty, and I like the fact that it's on the chunky side. It's a little wider and shorter than the average Bible. The pages are the average thin type that is in most Bibles, though, so you'll have to be careful with what type of art supplies you use. Based on the included artwork, which is simply printed on the page, you can still see it through the next page.




The print is considered "standard" for Bible text, but it's too small for me to use as a reading Bible. (I tried.) My eyes are super sensitive and strain easily, and despite me attempting to bring as much light as possible into our house, it's on the darker side. Small print just doesn't work for me. That won't be a problem for most, but it is worth mentioning for those like me.




This complaint is nitpicking, but it has drove me insane that someone decided to use promotional material on the dust jacket. It has "Join the Conversation! #illustratedfaith" right on the front. *sigh* Thankfully, you can take the dust jacket off, and maybe that's what they thought people would do. Then again, maybe not. We live in days where folks find it appropriate to scroll through social media and post things during worship service, so who knows.




Despite my complaints, the NIV Beautiful Word Bible is a beautiful Bible! If you're semi-artistic, this is a great option. You'll get some examples, and then plenty of room for practice and creativity. If you don't mind standard(smaller)print, this is even a gorgeous choice for simple note taking. If you have a daughter(or any special girl, for that matter) in your life, this would be a beautiful Bible to fill full of notes/special memories/advice/etc, and give to her on a special day. It has great "treasure" potential!

*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

1 comment: