Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Cats in Paris: A Magical Coloring Book by Won-Sun Jang


I've turned into quite the cat person in the past year. In my childhood days, I was a huge cat nut, too. I collected cats of all kinds(and owls), and I remember my parents giving me my own little display area in between our kitchen and living room. I was proud of my collection! Through the years, I guess I've swapped between being a cat person and a dog person(though one really doesn't have to choose). Right now I'm definitely more of a cat person, as long as I don't neglect my allergy medicine! This is due entirely to Mr. Bing. He had two siblings that had both died, and when my Grasshopper discovered him in the middle of a flower bed, during the cold and rainy month of April last year, I couldn't leave him there to die, too. He was about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks old at that point, and was sick. I bottle fed him and nursed him back to health. I had FULL intentions of him going back outside, because I did NOT want a house cat to take care of at this point in my life. He won my heart completely, though, and he's my fur-baby now.

Now I'm the crazy person that watches all the funny cat videos, and sends them to my hubby. He doesn't share my love of cats, but he humors me. ;)

Meet Mr. Bing(from Christmas time):


Needless to say, I was super thrilled to get the chance to see Cats in Paris, and it's even more thrilling in person, as long as you like cats. Cats are the main subject, with a Paris tie-in, and they are on every single page. The first part of the coloring book has a mini story. This part is really where the Paris part comes in. After the story is done, the rest of the coloring book doesn't overly have a Paris feel to it. It's mostly just cat pictures. If you're wanting the book mainly for the Paris part, you might be disappointed, even if it is much stronger on the first several pages. If you're wanting the book for the cat part, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed.


The level of coloring varies slightly throughout. These drawings have more blurred lines than any other coloring book I've saw so far, so that part might make coloring it a bit more complicated for some. They do range in how complicated and intricate they are, though.


Overall, this is a charming coloring book, and if you love cats as much as I do, I think you'll love Cats in Paris.

*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment