Sunday, December 6, 2015

The One Year Home and Garden Devotions by Sandra Byrd


Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (September 24, 2015) 400 pages

Description:

The One Year Home and Garden Devotions offers an encouraging, applicable, sometimes humorous, and always personal word each day for contemporary women of all ages who delight in being busy at home. The devotions are written in first person, offering transparency and personal life lessons like the following:

“There is something poignant and meaningful about upcycling an abandoned planter with its well-earned patina while considering how the lines life has etched on us actually make us more appealing.”

My Thoughts:

Sandra Byrd is one of my most favorite authors, and I always enjoy reading more about her in the blogging world. I've greatly enjoyed all of the books of hers I've read. When I found out she'd written a book about her life, devotional form, I was beyond excited. I couldn't wait to get to know more about Sandra, and spend a little time with her each day.

The devotionals within this book focus on home, garden, family and really anything most women could easily connect with. At the beginning of each month, there's a tip or a recipe or something fun. Then there's a devotional for each day of the year. Each devotional takes up one page, so it's a quick read for each day.

I think the fans of Sandra's will most appreciate this book. It's personal, and it was thrilling to learn about little things from her days. I can't say for sure about those that aren't familiar with Sandra, but I really do think most women will appreciate the little lessons, and will probably connect with many of her experiences. While the devotionals aren't super deep, they are encouraging and appreciated. I have enjoyed my time within this book very much!

*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

*********************************

Purchase Link:

The One Year Home and Garden Devotions

********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment