Sunday, December 6, 2015

Faith Builders Bible, NIvR


Zonderkidz (October 27, 2015) 1152 pages


Book Description:

A new NIrV Bible for kids 6-10 that follows the popular brick-building trend.

The Faith Builders Bible, NIrV uses the popularity of brick-building pieces to engage children with the Word of God. Includes 24 full-color pages of illustrations plus the complete New International Reader's Version (NIrV) of the Bible (from Genesis to Revelation) in a very readable, 9-point font size.


My Thoughts:

My children are finally old enough that I feel comfortable having Legos around. This was pretty exciting for me! I enjoy them myself, too. We've mostly relied on the sets with instructions so far, but we have Grasshopper a very large bucket of "classic" Legos this year for Christmas. We've been encouraged to use more creativity when building, so we've started looking at Lego books for building ideas.

We recently had the chance to browse through a history one, called Medieval Lego. In it, there are scenes and then a brief summary of the part of history that the scene is connected to. For some reason, I thought that is what this Bible was. I was expecting more of a Bible summary book. It's actually a full Bible, though(NIrV).

There are 12(double sided, so 24 total) thicker, glossy, full color pages with Lego scenes or simply an item(like a Bible) on them. These are scattered throughout the Bible. As always, depending on your beliefs, you might need to edit a bit. Some of them have devotional type messages on them. When you get opinions thrown in the mix, it's impossible to find one that one will completely agree with, though.

Even though this wasn't what I was expecting, and we probably won't be using it as a full time Bible, it does have great inspiration in it. If you have a Lego fan in your home, and you like the NIrV Bible, you'll probably enjoy this one. Even if you're not a fan of the NIrVersion, it still has great inspiration for building Bible history scenes with Legos. I'm excited to use some of the ideas for Bible class(both my own at home and the one at church services with our 2s and 3s).

(Note: I don't think this particular Bible ever uses the word "Lego". It repeatedly says "brick/brick builder/etc", so this isn't a "Lego" specific Bible. You can get inspiration for any kind of brick building. We're just particular to Lego.)


*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

*********************************

Purchase Link:

Faith Builders Bible, NIrV


*********************************

1 comment:

  1. I imagine LEGO is not going to lend its brand to that. (They are quite particular, all things considered.) You have to say "brick" instead of LEGO.

    Anyway! You know OUR family is full of LEGO fans. ;)

    I like the point you make here about how once you start adding opinions into the mix, it's hard to find a Bible that you'll agree with 100%. My personal take is that there are far too many opinions scattered in the midst of scripture in formats like this and so I've been on the lookout for a great kids Bible (mostly large print) without so many "additives" or themes attached. Just straight up scripture, please!

    ReplyDelete