Sunday, October 11, 2015

Aspen Everlasting by Kathryn Cooper


Cedar Fort, Inc. (September 8, 2015) 220 pages

Description:

Water splashed on all sides then took control of the tires. The car swerved right toward the river.
“No. NO. NO!” I turned the wheel toward the road. It didn’t work. Fast running water pulled the car into the flooded river.

Aspen Foster thinks she’s just a normal sixteen-year-old, but when her car’s caught in a flash flood, Aspen and her sister discover the superhuman strength they never knew they had.

Soon Aspen learns she’s not normal at all. She’s an Evermortal fairy, with powers beyond her wildest dreams. But the more Aspen finds out about her family’s past, the more dangerous her future becomes.

This riveting fantasy is full of action, adventure, and romance. Suspenseful and exhilarating!

*************************

My Thoughts:

I think I "met" Kathryn soon after I started blogging. I've always greatly enjoyed her blog, and her book recommendations. She's someone I'd love to be friends with in person. She has 4 little boys, and she seems like such a genuinely sweet person. Recently, she battled through brain cancer, and it was amazing to watch her strength through this time.

For those reasons, I'm extra super proud of her for having this book published.

In Aspen Everlasting, we're taken into the world of Evermortals. Aspen discovers she has strength much greater than the average person, and will age much slower as an adult. Her family has the same powers. She also discovers that things have been hidden from her, and all is not as it seems.

Aspen Everlasting is a quick read, and packed full of action and suspense. There's even a romance, and while I admit romance isn't at the top of my reading list lately, I genuinely enjoyed it. It was sweet, and I found myself smiling different times while reading. I loved the close family relationship between Aspen and her parents and brother and sister, too.

I can't wait to read more from Kathryn! I want the next book NOW! ;)


*I was provided an e-copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

*************************

Purchase Link:

Aspen Everlasting


************************

About the Author:


Kathryn Cooper lives in the heart of Texas with her husband and four young boys. She has read and blogged about other authors' books for years. She is excited to finally have her own book out for readers. Aspen Everlasting is her first novel.

kathryncooperwrites.com

************************

2 comments:

  1. This sounds similar to the movie Age of Adeline. Have you seen it? I think you might like it. :) I watched it last week and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling! So fun to make friends and that you enjoyed my book! Thanks for the CYBILS nomination! You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete