Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Break For July



I'm taking a break from my blog during the month of July.

At some point last year, I had full intentions of no longer reviewing books if I couldn't involve my children in the reading and reviewing of them. I don't know what happened, but I ended up with a ridiculous stack of books. Thankfully, I finally saw the light of day, and stopped requesting again. I made a goal to be done with everything by July 1st, so I could escape from the internet just a bit during July. I'm exhausted and my head and my eyes hurt from so much reading, but I'm done. Hallelujah! :D (Now you know why so many posts went through today....I had a GOAL to accomplish!) ;)

It should remain quiet around here, unless I've forgotten a commitment, in which case you'll see that pop up.


I'll leave you with a few of my favorite books from the past few months. Despite the HUGE amount of reading I've done, it seems very few of them have made it to my blog.



The Glass Casket by Mccormick Templeman

This book is beautiful, but dark and creepy. Don't judge it by its horrible cover, though! It's so much better than that, and I loved it. It's a retelling of Snow White and Rose Red. Just don't read it at night!



The Riverman by Aaron Starmer

Though I don't recommend it AT ALL for the target age, I think it is an amazing story for adults to read. I was quickly turning the pages, and couldn't figure out what was going on. It's very strange, but thought provoking.



The Boys of Fire and Ash by Meaghan McIsaac

This one has more of a science fiction feel to it than average old YA fiction. It's unique, and another one I loved.



Lord willing, I'll see y'all in August! Have fun! I'm simply preparing for some rest and play now. :D

***************************************

7 comments:

  1. Oh Bluerose...I SO know what you mean! My book-requesting and book-buying habits have gotten rather out of control, and now I need to play catch-up. :\ *sigh*

    Thank you for sharing some of your favorites, and I hope you have an absolutely lovely and refreshing rest from the Internet! See you when you return. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's insanely too easy to get out of control with books, isn't it?! Now that I don't HAVE to read anything, I have the whole wide world of books at my fingertips, and I have a hard time picking just one to read at a time. That's a little overwhelming, too. ;) The problems of bookworms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun enjoying your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your break! I took a small break earlier this year from reviewing books. It was much needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remembered that...but noticed you were still reviewing, though not as much. Good for you to make it happen this month. We've been away...and really, it's just good to take a break from the computer. We should catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You HAVE had quite the stack of books to read! Glad you've called a break for yourself and I hope you've been enjoying it! Everyone once in awhile, the break is oh so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You HAVE had quite the stack of books to read! Glad you've called a break for yourself and I hope you've been enjoying it! Everyone once in awhile, the break is oh so nice!

    ReplyDelete