Monday, May 4, 2015

To The Sea by Callie Grant, Illustrated by Jeremy Tugeau(Graham Blanchard)


I'm always thrilled get a peek at a new Graham Blanchard book, so it was a happy day when To The Sea arrived in our home.

To The Sea is really a poem about a day at the beach. I have to admit that I don't add near enough poetry type books into our days. Each time we've went to the library, I've tried to pick out a poetry book or two to help us along, but I DO appreciate that this one is a poem.

"Waves boom and swish.
They boom and swish.
My net is too slow for darting fish."


I also like that it is sturdy board book. At this point, I just can't imagine that my little ones will outgrow them(though I know it's bound to happen). Especially my little Bumblebee and Firefly love to tote them around and look at them, and hand them off to me to read. Board books are special little treasures perfect for little hands, and I think they'll always hold a special place in my heart.

The pictures within this book(done by Jeremy Tugeau)are soothing and beautiful. It's a gorgeous book!

I decided to ask Grasshopper a few questions after reading it.

Did you like this book?

Yeah!

What did you like about it?

The sandcastle and the sea.

What else?

The bubbles and the seagulls.

Did you like the pictures?

Yes.

Which one was your favorite?

After thinking on it a bit, he pointed to the one with the boy trying to catch fish.
And, it IS a gorgeous picture, so he has good taste. ;)


*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

***************************************************************

Purchase Links:

Graham Blanchard Website

Amazon

***************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. The cover art is gorgeous!!

    I'm not much of a poetry person myself. But I don't mind picture books which tell a story this way.

    And now I want to go to the coast today. :P

    ReplyDelete