Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Loch Ness Punster by Kate Klise, with Illustrations by M. Sarah Klise



HMH Books for Young Readers (April 7, 2015) 144 pages

Description:


In the seventh and final installment of the popular 43 Old Cemetery Road series, twelve-year-old Seymour Hope has inherited a castle in Loch Ness, Scotland. It could be the perfect summer vacation spot for Seymour and his parents, Olive C. Spence and Ignatius B. Grumply. But Iggy wants nothing to do with the castle. Why? Because it was owned by his uncle Ian, a world-famous psychiatrist and the world’s worst punster. So Iggy stays home to write, and Seymour and Olive set off for Scotland—each with a secret.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

This is the final book in the 43 Old Cemetery Road series. Unfortunately, it was the first book I've read within the series. I liked this one so much, I fully plan on going back to the beginning, though. I read it perfectly fine without reading the other 6, and I feel that things were explained enough that I wasn't lost, but I am curious to see the adventures within the other books.

In this adventure, Seymour inherits a castle in Loch Ness, and travels there to see it. We discover just why Ignatius B. Grumply is so grumpy, and we get to meet a very old turtle.

The Loch Ness Punster is told through letters, newspaper articles, and tickets/pictures/illustrations. I really enjoyed it! I can easily imagine myself falling in love with this whole series as a young child. With all the pictures and the somewhat scrapbook-ish feeling of it, I would have been on Cloud 9! There's plenty of humor throughout, and I found myself snickering quite a few times while reading.

I can't wait to get ahold of the other 6 books now!

*I was provided an ARC, in exchange for my honest opinion.

********************************************************************

Purchase Link:

The Loch Ness Punster (43 Old Cemetery Road)

********************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. This does sound like a great book!
    Esp. on meeting a very old turtle!

    Thank you so much for the condolences on my blog.
    Our mom will be missed xoxo

    ReplyDelete