Sunday, March 1, 2015

Q&A a Day: 5 Year Journal



My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

It seems my journaling ended when I met my husband, other than my blogging adventure. Based on the craziness that I encountered when I re-visited my journals from 10+ years ago a week or so ago, I'm almost glad I stopped. :P Cringe-worthy, head-shaking craziness, I tell you! I even cringe at some of the craziness I've written on my blog in the past (almost) 5 years. Even so, I would like to get back into some sort of journaling. I want my boys to have special things like that to look back on(without being too personal, of course!)

That's exactly why I like this journal so much. It will create a precious keepsake, for both me and my loved ones, without getting TOO personal.

This is a 5 year journal. Each day of the year will get its own page, with its own question. All 5 year's worth of each day is on the same page, with the same question. There are only a few small lines for each answer, so you have to keep your answers short. I'm not sure if I like this or not. I DO tend to write on and on when given the chance, but that's probably not for the best. Maybe this journal will teach me to keep my thoughts short and sweet. ;)

Just to give you a sample of the questions, the first 3 are:

-What is your mission?
-Can people change?
-What are you reading right now?

I think it will be interesting to see how my answers change through the years. I don't like that I will be seeing the previous year's answer each time I write a new answer. I would like to answer each year with a clear mind, not remembering what I wrote before. Maybe I can cover it up before answering.

The size of this journal is much smaller than I was expecting. It's slightly bigger than a 4.4X6.2. It states this clearly on the Amazon page, but I rarely pay attention to book measurements, sadly. The plus side is that it won't take up much room. I also wish that it had an attached bookmark to keep my place.

Overall, this is a lovely book, and a perfect gift! I'm keeping it in mind for when my mind draws a blank on what gift to give. It has high potential to turn into a treasure.

*I was provided a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

****************************************************

Purchase Link:


Q&A a Day: 5-Year Journal


***************************************************



2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that IS an interesting idea! (AREN'T old journals cringe worthy?!?! Gaaah!) I like that it asks for your thoughts but that you don't have to get TOO personal about things.

    Well, well,....I shall think on this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that IS an interesting idea! (AREN'T old journals cringe worthy?!?! Gaaah!) I like that it asks for your thoughts but that you don't have to get TOO personal about things.

    Well, well,....I shall think on this idea.

    ReplyDelete