Friday, March 6, 2015

All Dressed up in Love by Ruth Logan Herne



Zondervan (February 24, 2015) 86 pages

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

This turned out to be such a precious little romance! I loved it!

Greg's mother has recently passed away, and he has inherited her bridal shop. As the story begins, he has a full day of brides ahead, but no employees available to guide them through the special shopping process. To his rescue comes Tara, a 3rd year law student needing money for survival. With no bridal shop experience, Greg has his hesitations, but Tara issues a challenge. Do you think she's up for it?

All dressed up in love is a novella, so things move along quickly. I was actually surprised at how quickly, but then I remembered how quick my own engagement and marriage came along(though still not near as quick as within this book). ;) In the past, I haven't been the biggest fan of novellas, but these days I'm finding I like them more and more. This sweet story gave me a lovely dose of romantic reading, which I crave occasionally.

Greg has his faults, as every leading man should. He's a workaholic, and he has a great deal of guilt regarding the fact that he lived so close to his mother, but never made time for her. Still, he's sweet and has a heart of gold. Tara is probably a lesson for most of us ladies. She didn't over-react to certain events that took place, and she was determined to not keep a man from his football. She was also on a super tight budget, but didn't whine about it. She didn't mind showing she could eat without embarrassment. On the other hand, she DID over-react to other events, bringing her back to a realistic character.

All Dressed up in Love is the March story within the Year of Weddings Novella. I definitely recommend it for a super quick, yet romantic story. I enjoyed my time with Greg and Tara and all the wedding shop ladies!

*I was provided an e-copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.

*******************************************************

Purchase Link:

All Dressed Up in Love: A March Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella Book 4)

*******************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment