Friday, February 6, 2015

Cinderella's Secret Slipper by Alinka Rutkowska, With Illustrations by Konrad Checinski



Description:

“Cinderella’s Secret Slipper” is a story of our favorite princess who more than anything else wants to wear her famous glass slippers to her son’s birthday party. But she can’t because her four-year-old smashed one of them in an attempt at killing a mosquito on the wall. Where is she going to get a glass slipper now?


My Thoughts:

This is a fun little Cinderella "re-telling" for children, without the darkness of the original. The pictures are bright and colorful, yet simple, and there's plenty of humor for little ones. (There's a giant mosquito squashed on the wall, at one point.)

I like that Alinka has questions at the end of her books, to test your little one's comprehension and memory of the story. I also like that she has coloring sheets available for each of her books. This is great for added educational value, and it's just plain fun for little ones!

If you like a bit of modern-ness added to your fairy tales, give this one a try!

*I was provided an e-copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.


********************************************

Purchase Link:

Cinderella's Secret Slipper (Classic Fairy Tales with a Modern Twist)


********************************************





You might already know Alinka from her Maya and Filippo Series. I've had the chance to look at Maya & Filippo Visit a Glacier, and I like the simple lesson in geography that my little ones get. You can grab a free copy just by signing up at Alinka's website, by the way!





***********************************************



1 comment:

  1. Cinderella looks cool with those shades! I can see how that cover would entice little girls.

    ReplyDelete