Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Beautiful New(ish) Covers that I'm in Love With!

Rissi @ Dreaming Under the Same Moon regularly does "Cover Candy" posts. I adore these and the title is perfectly appropriate, because I'm like a kid in a candy store scrolling through the lovely new covers. Also, Amber @ Seasons of Humility has a Pinterest board full of cover loveliness.

While there's plenty of covers that I think are beautiful or cute, occasionally I see one that makes me stop and stare, and even come back to look again, simply because it's so gorgeous. These are more recent covers that did just that for me.

Make sure you tell me which covers make you stop and stare, so I can go look at more! ;)

****************************************************




The Word Changers by Ashlee Willis

Seriously! Could it get any better than that?! As far as I can tell, this book got a cover makeover. I liked the older cover, too, but this one is breathtaking.

I can't wait to read the story, either. I grabbed it for my kindle last year(though my cover still shows the older cover), and it's on the top of my list for books to read this year. (which is another post for another day) :)

******************************************************



All The Turns of Light (Paths of Shadow Book 2) by Frank Tuttle

This one is just so fun and whimsical. I would put that on my wall!

When I first saw it, and that it was the 2nd book in a series, I went searching around, wondering how on earth I'd missed knowing about this series. Guess what? I'd already grabbed the first book, All the Paths of Shadow, for my kindle. (I'm guessing when it was a freebie.) I'm really looking forward to giving this series a try, though. If I like the first book, I'll promptly buy this one for my kindle! (Have any of you read All the Paths of Shadow? Is there any content/profanity that I should know about? I'm really, really hoping it's clean, but I don't want to waste my time if it's not.)


********************************************




Dreamer's Pool: A Blackthorn & Grim Novel by Juliet Marillier


When I saw this cover, I showed Jonathan. "LOOK! at this COVER!" He really couldn't care less about books OR their covers, so he was less than impressed. It's still gorgeous, though, and I can only imagine that it's even prettier in person.

I borrowed it from the library for my kindle, but since it wasn't overly fitting with my reading mood at that moment, I sent it back, with intentions of trying again later. The beginning IS at a prison, but I was disappointed to see the amount of profanity(even if only one word repeatedly), considering what I thought was a squeaky clean author(though I've only read 2 books, so far).

***************************************************




Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

Look at those birds, y'all! If there's birds on the cover, especially crows, you can pretty much guarantee that it's headed for my reading list. Even aside from the birds, I just think this cover is lovely.

I actually just finished this book recently, and my review post should go up sometime soon. After reading the book, I love the cover even more. There are several different parts of the story combined within that cover. I love it when it looks as if the cover artist has actually read the book, like it appears in this case.

***************************************************

Have you saw any beautiful covers lately? Or decided to read a book purely because of its cover?


***************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love Illusions of Fate and All the Turns of Light. I've not heard of the latter, so maybe it's a new one to look into.

    Love this post, Tammy - and thanks a bunch for the shout-out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Frank Tuttle cover.
    Reminds me of Mary Poppins :)

    Based just on the cover I might read it.

    ReplyDelete