Thursday, January 1, 2015

Novel Interiors: Living in Enchanted Room Inspired by Literature by Lisa Borgnes Giramonti (With Photographs by Ivan Terestchenko)



Potter Style (December 2, 2014) 288 pages

My Thoughts:

This is a beautiful coffee table type book. It's bigger than the average book, with thick glossy pages. There are extra pretty details, including a two colored "tape" along the spine(with a third color for the title) and matching inside cover details.

Inside there are lots of photographs of homes and rooms that have been decorated with the inspiration of various books. I enjoy looking at decorating ideas and I love books. How great is it to combine the two?! It's fun to see the creativity of other people. The great thing about this book is the fact that there are all kinds of tastes and imaginations at work, so while one might not have inspired me(as beautiful as it may have been), the next one did.

Throughout the book, alongside the photographs, there is constant talk of books and d├ęcor. There's also lots of quotes from various works of literature, and even decorating tips. Seeing a book come to life through someone else's decorating mind simply warms my heart. I've been greatly enjoying browsing this book, and seeing all the little details that brought about a room or space.

This is a warm and cozy book for the book lovers out there.


Purchase Link:

Novel Interiors: Living in Enchanted Rooms Inspired by Literature


*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.


2 comments:

  1. I love decorating, so this would be my kinda book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I just finished reading "The Nesting Place" and loved it. I think it's great every now and again to pick up some new decorating books and be inspired. (I certainly am!)

    ReplyDelete