Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Escape from the Lizzarks(Nnewts) by Dan TenNapel



GRAPHIX (January 6, 2015) 192 pages

Description:

A little hero faces big challenges in the first book of this totally unique fantasy-adventure series.

The first book in the Nnewts series follows the story of Herk, a lovable Nnewt who longs for stronger legs, something his mother and father wish they could give him. When his quaint village is attacked by the reptile Lizzarks, he's forced to flee his home and leave behind the only life he's ever known. Now, all alone and on the run, Herk navigates a dangerous world filled with strange creatures and mysterious wonders, where friends are few and an evil lord is in hot pursuit.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

I've finally accepted the fact that I actually really like comic books and graphic novels, even if I sometimes don't know the difference between the two. ;) Of course, I'm very, very new to the world!

This is an odd little book! It's a good thing that I'm typically drawn to oddness, because I actually liked it as long as I didn't think too much about some of the ridiculousness that was happening. If your mind isn't open to the odd side of the world, this might not be the best pick for you.

My copy was an Advance Reader's Copy. There were only a few pages that were color, and then the rest of them dropped to black and white. I'm assuming that the final copy will be in full color, but if not, I would be greatly disappointed. The colored pages were beautiful and brought more depth to the book, actually making the book worthy of precious and limited shelf space.

I was disappointed to see that there was no ending at all. I was met with "To Be Continued" on the final page. Since I don't know when the next book will be released, I'm left hanging. If that drives you as insane as it does me, I'd recommend waiting until all of the books are released.

Overall, I enjoyed the unique oddity of the book, but I wish I already had the rest of the series in my hands!

*I was provided an ARC, in exchange for my honest opinion.

Purchase Link:

Escape from the Lizzarks (Nnewts)



2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda not surprised to hear that you've accepted that you like comic books and graphic novels. That suits with the type of books you learn towards, I think. And fun whenever you realize that there is something new-to-you that you really like and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've already been searching around for more now. :)

      Delete