Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Favorite Reads of 2014

I'm currently in two books that would most likely be on this list if I could finish them in the next few hours, but since that isn't going to happen, I'm going to make my list now. (Curious which two books? To Kill a Mockingbird by Lee and The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Klassen.)

I didn't put them in any specific order this year. It proved to be too hard of a task.

In the Non-Fiction world, my favorites were:




Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy Moms by Gloria Furman





Chasing God by Angie Smith



My "hugworthy" books of the year:



The Yeti Files #1: Meet the Bigfeet by Kevin Sherry

I almost didn't get this one due to the negativity that I had saw concerning it, but I adored it.





The Cats of Tanglewood Forest by Charles de Lint

Such a treasure!





A Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander

Loveliness.



It seems as though fantasy remains my favorite.



Shadow Hand by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

All of Stengl's books are favorites of mine.





A Plague of Bogles (How to Catch a Bogle) by Catherine Jinks

I just finished this one, so I haven't wrote a review yet, but I loved it just as much as, if not more than, the first.





The Zoo at the Edge of the World by Eric Kahn Gale





Sky Raiders by Brandon Mull





Grave Mercy by Robin Lafevers




5 comments:

  1. I added a link to your list at my Saturday Review round-up of book lists. Please come by and check all the other lists of what people have read and enjoyed in 2014 or plan to read in 2015. http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=23709

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, thank you! I've been enjoying looking at other people's favorites list, and my huge reading list is reflecting it. I can't wait to add some more, though! :)

      Delete
  2. You always highlight books (i.e. fantasy novels!) that I'd never even consider, but your enthusiasm makes me wonder what I'm missing.

    I definitely want to read the Treasuring Christ book, especially since I've seen it on other Bests lists.

    Happy new year, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nicely varied list. :) I didn't manage to create one this year. Time gets away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Chasing God.

    ReplyDelete