Thursday, November 13, 2014

Windows on the World: 50 Writers, 50 Views by Matteo Pericoli



The Penguin Press (November 13, 2014) 152 pages

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

Windows on the World is a simple, but inspiring book. 50 authors give us a little peek into their lives, and tell us a bit about what they see outside their window. It goes past the physical, and touches on the sentimental of what their views/windows mean to them. Matteo Pericoli, with pen and ink, shows us those windows. At first, I was disappointed that the windows weren’t done with colors, but I grew to appreciate the simplicity of the black and white drawn pictures.

This is a short book. Most of the authors’ writing only takes up one page, though a few go to 2 pages. They also get a page for their windows. Due to time restrictions, I read it straight through, but I’d recommend just savoring it with a slow read. The amount of time that I’m sure went into this book deserves more than a quick read. I found it inspiring to “see” through the eyes of each of the authors. I hadn’t heard of a single one of them, but it didn’t matter. I got the chance to travel around the world and see new people and new landscapes, all in such a short amount of time. I’m inspired to appreciate my window view more and even to write.

Windows on the World is a lovely book!

*There was one mild word of profanity in one of the essays.

**I was provided a review copy through Amazon Vine.

Purchase Link:

Windows on the World: Fifty Writers, Fifty Views




1 comment: