Saturday, November 1, 2014

Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary



My Thoughts:

First, a little about the physical aspects of this dictionary.

It's is about the size of a regular hardcover book in length, and overall size, but its page count makes it a very thick and *heavy* book. I don't know how much one can tell from seeing the picture online, but the front of the book looks textured. It is not, though. It's perfectly smooth to touch. Though I know that won't matter to most, for people with severe texture issues, like me, that might be important to know. (Touching books that are textured has resulted in those books not being read by me.)

Inside, it is filled with pictures, charts, maps, outlines, and of course, definitions. There's even a Bible history timeline in the front, which is nice.

I love that it's been made into so much more than a dictionary, making this an excellent Bible study tool. It's truly a nice book, and packed with Bible information.

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

Purchase Link:

Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary: New and Enhanced Edition





4 comments:

  1. We are big on studying the Bible in our family. This looks like a good tool to help picture the times and people of the Bible. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We're visual learners around here, apparently, so things like this help us learn better.

      Delete
  2. Huh! I....didn't realize that about books and textures (and you). How supremely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks super textured, so I'm grateful it's not. (It gets worse with age. I'm considering full time gloves. :))

      Delete