Tuesday, August 5, 2014

One Favorite Book?!!!

Carrie at Reading to Know is celebrating 8 years of blogging! ((Congratulations, Carrie!!!))

In case you don't already follow her thoughts on books, I highly recommend it! While some of you may scoff at my reading choices, I can honestly say they have greatly improved through the years. I can thank Carrie for a great deal of the encouragement to make the journey to better reading. (Sure, it's been a slow journey for me, but it HAS been a journey.) ;)

She's having a BIG giveaway to celebrate her 8 years of blogging, and the only rule is to post a picture of you with your favorite book. Picking only one favorite book is crazy talk, but I tried not to think about what book I'd pick too much. I just picked ONE of my favorites(with a pretty cover) and went with it. The hard part was posting a picture of myself. :P That's like public speaking for me. It turns out that the harder part was actually taking a picture of myself and getting me AND the book in the same shot. This was one of the last pictures I took(of many), but I finally decided to go with this one, and call it a day. (We're both mostly in this one, as opposed to the others.) ((I wonder why I feel the need to explain *everything* sometimes.)) ;D




Make sure you go over and congratulate Carrie with a picture of you and your favorite book! (which one would you choose?)

7 comments:

  1. :D I'm totally getting a kick out of your describing what it's like to pick a favorite ("crazy talk") and then taking a picture with it. HAHAHAHAHHA!!! But your picture did come out quite lovely and now I want to read it.

    Thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I went to get this one off the shelf, there were so many other favorites screaming at me for not picking them for the picture. I really don't think I could pick a #1 favorite. :S

      Delete
  2. I chose two to post on FB. Since you aren't there, I'll let you guess which ones. ;)

    Oh, I delight in seeing the newest pic of you. It's a good one...even if it took crazy talk to get it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to deactivate long enough to get a little reading done. I'm going to look now, though, because I can't resist! :) (My guesses....To Kill a Mockingbird and Emily of Deep Valley....though I wouldn't be surprised if one was Little Women...off to check now)

      Delete
  3. Great pic. Love your hair. I keep hearing such awesome stuff about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture turned out great - we see you and the book. :)

    ReplyDelete